Telefang manga?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Telefang manga?

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

XD I wouldn't give up hope yet~~

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u8852130
...Just won it this morning. XD Woo~

I'm getting it shipped through Celga again, along with the player's guides for Telefang, Telefang 2, Bugsite, and Dino Device...XD That means that it'll cost roughly an arm and a leg and will probably take at least a few weeks to actually ship out, but oh man, we are actually getting it!! D: D:

I fully intend to scan it when it arrives, though I've never really scanned a book before. *nod* I'm also hoping that there'll be some useful information (and perhaps some badass pictures) in the guides for Bugsite and Dino Device. XD Yay~
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Kimbles wrote: XD I wouldn't give up hope yet~~

I'm getting it shipped through Celga again, along with the player's guides for Telefang, Telefang 2, Bugsite, and Dino Device...XD That means that it'll cost roughly an arm and a leg and will probably take at least a few weeks to actually ship out, but oh man, we are actually getting it!! D: D:

I fully intend to scan it when it arrives, though I've never really scanned a book before. *nod* I'm also hoping that there'll be some useful information (and perhaps some badass pictures) in the guides for Bugsite and Dino Device. XD Yay~
This is the manga you're talking about?

If so, you can submit the volumes and chapters to this site:
www.onemanga.com
Seike(imported)

Post by Seike(imported) »

Kid Sonic wrote:

www.onemanga.com
From what I know of One Manga, they only accepts english scanlations not raw mangas. You'd need to scan, translate, clean, typeset, and edit before submitting it on One Manga.

Also to get good quality scans of a manga or any book, you'd have to destroy a copy of the book you want to scan or else you would have to scan with pages bent in the book. The best type of books to scan are the ones held with staples, you can always re-staple the book back together after you have scannned it. However, if the book ends up being held by wax or glue, you would have to disassemble it by melting the wax or glue with a hair dryer or something that blows hot air, re-assembling it is near impossible and also the process of melting the bindings is dangerous since you can also destroy the pages you do want to scan... People who start to scan Mangas, Manhwas, or Manhuas usually have 2 backup copies just incase the pages melt, burn, or rip while disassembly. Manga magazines are cheap too, so buying more then one copy is very cheap to do... I have also heard of some people who disassemble mangas using razor blades, not suggested but it is another option.

If I had my good computer I could clean the pages for you, but unfortunetly I just moved out of state and currently don't have a good computer of my own to do any scanlating. If I had the scans when I had my good computer with me, I could have translated, typeset, and cleanned the Telefang manga for Tulunk Village, but I would need the scans first. And maybe an editor to make sure the Manga made sense and didn't look awkward (My translations need edits sometimes to make sense in english, my grammar and etymology suck). I don't know when I'll be getting a new computer, because I am making it from just parts I will buy with my future paychecks, I've already got Photoshop CS3 (master version) to do the cleanning and typesetting with.

If you intend to scan it in a good quality then make sure you take your time to disassemble the books carefully. I can understand if you don't want to scan the books that way too, having pay so much to get the books in the first place is bad enough, ruining the books wouldn't be worth it. There might be other ways to scan books page-by-page without shadows, but good luck either way.

If you want to scanlate the mangas, I suggest teamming with a scanlation team. They might just ask for the raw only and do the rest or they might ask for a bit more from Tulunk Village.
Kimbles(imported)

Wow, that was very informative. :O

Yeah, I'm pretty certain I'm not going to want to take my books apart, so any scans we produce will likely be of the pretty crappy sort. *sigh* I'll probably still try, though. D:

Either way, it shouldn't be an issue for another month or so until it arrives. XD Thanks for the info though, seriously. *nod*
Kid Sonic(imported)

Seike wrote:
Kid Sonic wrote:

www.onemanga.com
From what I know of One Manga, they only accepts english scanlations not raw mangas. You'd need to scan, translate, clean, typeset, and edit before submitting it on One Manga.

Also to get good quality scans of a manga or any book, you'd have to destroy a copy of the book you want to scan or else you would have to scan with pages bent in the book. The best type of books to scan are the ones held with staples, you can always re-staple the book back together after you have scannned it. However, if the book ends up being held by wax or glue, you would have to disassemble it by melting the wax or glue with a hair dryer or something that blows hot air, re-assembling it is near impossible and also the process of melting the bindings is dangerous since you can also destroy the pages you do want to scan... People who start to scan Mangas, Manhwas, or Manhuas usually have 2 backup copies just incase the pages melt, burn, or rip while disassembly. Manga magazines are cheap too, so buying more then one copy is very cheap to do... I have also heard of some people who disassemble mangas using razor blades, not suggested but it is another option.

If I had my good computer I could clean the pages for you, but unfortunetly I just moved out of state and currently don't have a good computer of my own to do any scanlating. If I had the scans when I had my good computer with me, I could have translated, typeset, and cleanned the Telefang manga for Tulunk Village, but I would need the scans first. And maybe an editor to make sure the Manga made sense and didn't look awkward (My translations need edits sometimes to make sense in english, my grammar and etymology suck). I don't know when I'll be getting a new computer, because I am making it from just parts I will buy with my future paychecks, I've already got Photoshop CS3 (master version) to do the cleanning and typesetting with.

If you intend to scan it in a good quality then make sure you take your time to disassemble the books carefully. I can understand if you don't want to scan the books that way too, having pay so much to get the books in the first place is bad enough, ruining the books wouldn't be worth it. There might be other ways to scan books page-by-page without shadows, but good luck either way.

If you want to scanlate the mangas, I suggest teamming with a scanlation team. They might just ask for the raw only and do the rest or they might ask for a bit more from Tulunk Village.
I never knew scanning mangas took so much work.......... :o

So just stick to scanning the pages while they're still in the book.
Seike(imported)

Post by Seike(imported) »

Mmmm.... Since the door of the scanner can't be shut on normal manga books, magazines, or gaming guides, light will escape into the through the scanner. Which in most cases ruins the image you want to scan, and also creates a shadow that will make some things unreadable and blurry. Two of the most important things to remember when scannning any article is to know how much light your giving the scanner to scan with, and how flat the image is when your scanning it... Best types of scans happen with absolute light and and completely flat images. But at best a good scan will only produce a MQ scan (within the Scanlation world), cleaning the manga might make it HQ depending on how good the person cleaning the manga is.

But even though you might have a perfect scan you'll always have to crop it and downsize the image...

Cleaning a manga is another hard process, but I don't think we're trying to impress the scanlation world. So cleaning the manga isn't necessary. >> HQ manga cleaning is hell...
Kimbles(imported)

Well, here's the cover. ^^; That part was easy, though...

I also scanned this page as a test... It looks like that's as good as I can get it, for the blurry part. D: Anybody have any tips, or is it fine like that?

The manga itself is pretty cool, by the way. XD It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's pretty neat seeing somebody else's vision of Telefang. *nod* It's quite different from the story of the game, looks like. Honestly though, my japanese isn't good enough to follow it entirely. ): How depressing...

And yeah, to clarify more, there was a manga for Telefang 2 and Bugsite as well, but they were never released in volumes like this. Finding them now would involve tracking down and buying 7-year old back issues of the now defunct magazine they were serialized in, so it's safe to say that they're out of reach. D:
Kid Sonic(imported)

Kimbles wrote: Well, here's the cover. ^^; That part was easy, though...

I also scanned this page as a test... It looks like that's as good as I can get it, for the blurry part. D: Anybody have any tips, or is it fine like that?

The manga itself is pretty cool, by the way. XD It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's pretty neat seeing somebody else's vision of Telefang. *nod* It's quite different from the story of the game, looks like. Honestly though, my japanese isn't good enough to follow it entirely. ): How depressing...

And yeah, to clarify more, there was a manga for Telefang 2 and Bugsite as well, but they were never released in volumes like this. Finding them now would involve tracking down and buying 7-year old back issues of the now defunct magazine they were serialized in, so it's safe to say that they're out of reach. D:
It doesn't look half-bad.

You should give that full manga cover scan to RacieB's site.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Seike wrote: Mmmm.... Since the door of the scanner can't be shut on normal manga books, magazines, or gaming guides, light will escape into the through the scanner. Which in most cases ruins the image you want to scan, and also creates a shadow that will make some things unreadable and blurry. Two of the most important things to remember when scannning any article is to know how much light your giving the scanner to scan with, and how flat the image is when your scanning it... Best types of scans happen with absolute light and and completely flat images. But at best a good scan will only produce a MQ scan (within the Scanlation world), cleaning the manga might make it HQ depending on how good the person cleaning the manga is.

But even though you might have a perfect scan you'll always have to crop it and downsize the image...

Cleaning a manga is another hard process, but I don't think we're trying to impress the scanlation world. So cleaning the manga isn't necessary. >> HQ manga cleaning is hell...
Send to me and I will crop them and have a go at cleaning them up.
Kimbles(imported)

andwhyisit wrote:Send to me and I will crop them and have a go at cleaning them up.
Cool! XD I'll make a zip once I get the first chapter scanned... Which will hopefully be this weekend. *nod*

I also did a quick scan of this page from volume 2, since it struck me as interesting...

...Crypto, huh. ^^;