Re: Number succession of Denjuu/Dino/Bug/whatever

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

As you can see from the top of any Telefang 1 Denjuu article, there is this:

The current page is Krypto, so Krypto is in the centre. The preceding and succeeding of the Denjuu is in order, as such to be 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007. And the sizing of each image is 48px - 56px - 64px - 56px - 48px, which increases as it reaches the original number. Might be too big and take up too much space. >>

The code for this is entirely in the infobox template, and there is no need for entering any extra stuff into the articles. This is done with the {{#expr:}} and a {{#switch:}} template.

So the topic of this topic is this: the switch template is a Select Case kind of algorithm (or syntax. whatever). This makes use of the current name translations of the Denjuu to return it to that function. Now, since we're gonna be updating the list often, the template has to change too. But what if we make use of this function on the lists? It's possible, but there would be a lot of stress on the server since it has to do the same thing 174 times, multiplied by the number of times the article is visited. This would make that page slow to load (just like how my TelefangEdit is, since it converts hex to ASCII using a select case function).

Therefore, I want to ask opinions if this should be done (to put the template in the lists). And also if the current thingy on Denjuu pages is ok. And yeah I'll be expanding it to all monsters, don't worry.

So how...

EDIT: Oops. Oshie > Oshe. I forgot xP
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I think it's a good idea, but it might look better if we just use the walking sprites instead of the full pictures, since making those smaller just looks pretty weird. *nod* You could just show the normal sprite for the Denjuu whose page it is. XD Personally, I think that the lists are fine as they are and we can just remember to edit both. *shrug*

Also, heh, it looks like your infoboxes are messed up the same way ours are. XD It would look way better with lines seperating the sections, or at least between the blue and white. I'm pretty sure it used to do that, since it just looks so weird now... But then again, I couldn't get a good look at the infoboxes for a couple months, so it's hard to tell. <_<;
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Oh ok. But the size difference was intended to be like a dock (mac's dock/rocketdock), eheh. But since it looks ugly with the sizing I think I'll go with your idea.

About the infoboxes:
Uh. It was originally so overladen with borders that it looked ugly. So I removed it lol.

Anyway you can still see the stuff properly right? I suppose it looks better without the borders...