Re: Pokémon Diamond Font Patch

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Aural C. Edgewynd wrote: Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, the computer I'm using has a problem with Paint - It won't recognize each color. O.o It just stays pink. XD

However I can transfer them via flash drives, so redoing them on my own computer won't be a problem. ^_^
Convert the files to a 24-bit bitmap if you want to work with all of the colours.
Milnivri wrote:RacieB already has a sprite patch. I think it's this one this one.
I think he was talking redoing the sprites, not creating a sprite patch.
Aural C. Edgewynd(imported)

Post by Aural C. Edgewynd(imported) »

Ah, thank you. I had everything saved as .gif, so re-downloading everything and changing them into 24-Bit'll be a pain... I'll do it anyway. n.n
Sora444(imported)

Post by Sora444(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote:
EDIT 2: Oops, forgot to upload the patch! Here it is. If you have any problems let me know!
yea how do run both the font and the changed text patch? seeing is that I can't have 2 patches with the same name.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sora444 wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote:
EDIT 2: Oops, forgot to upload the patch! Here it is. If you have any problems let me know!
yea how do run both the font and the changed text patch? seeing is that I can't have 2 patches with the same name.
Hard patch it. (Use IPSWin to patch the roms one at a time)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh, wow. This is great. I'm rooting for both of you, Blaziken and RacieB! Good luck!

I'd like to help, too! I had some experince with translating text with HEX, so if I'll just boot my HEX workstation back online, I could try to help =)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Oh, wow. This is great. I'm rooting for both of you, Blaziken and RacieB! Good luck!

I'd like to help, too! I had some experince with translating text with HEX, so if I'll just boot my HEX workstation back online, I could try to help =)
I suppose I should post this again.

This can help with the hex > japanese text conversions:
http://www.mediafire.com/?90mzj2zr21m

If anyone is going to do a translation can you use my menu patch for the Japanese power version as a starting point:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4yflnptly8y

I have already hacked the fonts, denjuu names, attack names, and name entry.

The following characters (including space) have the same ascii values as my new fonts for the game:

Code: Select all

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
That means you can directly type out any of these characters in the hex editor and get that character in the game, look at the characters at 1D46F8 (the attack names) to get an idea of what I am talking about.

The pointer table for the text starts at the address 114000, the text for that pointer table starts at 1141A0 and the next pointer table seems to start at 11507B if that helps.

Hex combinations such as E5 60 D4, E5 B1 D4 and E5 48 D4 are variables representing Denjuu names, point values, etc. E5 E1 C9 might be one too but I can't be sure.

E1 04 and E1 05 signify the end of that text. E1 05 adds the next line button to the corner of the textbox while E1 05 leaves that corner blank.

E2 is a new line within that text.

E0 is basically a character that does not show in the game, it is useful for filling unused space in the hex, mostly for 8-char limit stuff.

How much are you able to translate? I can deal with any 8-char limit stuff, the currency name and some menu stuff. The problem is that I cannot translate Japanese so if you could translate all the text in the pointer tables that would be great.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh well, I can't translate Japanese... I should be able, however, to "translate" the bootleg. Or, I could translate the original using the bootleg.
I can deal with limits, too. I'm used to it from the MegaMan Battle Network series (: ( names - MegaMan DS -> MgMDS, Tomahawkman RV -> TmhwkRV and items - PwrDriv, GigCann and so on)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Oh well, I can't translate Japanese... I should be able, however, to "translate" the bootleg. Or, I could translate the original using the bootleg.
I can deal with limits, too. I'm used to it from the MegaMan Battle Network series (: ( names - MegaMan DS -> MgMDS, Tomahawkman RV -> TmhwkRV and items - PwrDriv, GigCann and so on)
As I said you don't need to since I have already done so. I was hoping for an actual Japanese>English translation of the dialogue so I will just wait for LiamBrady to do his.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

RacieB,Dec 8 2007 wrote: Image

oh yeaaahhhhh
What's with this pic of Dendel? It's unlike and thing i've seen before.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

She hacked it and drew it herself.