Re: Toripa Antenna Tree Cave map almost done.

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Sanqui

Re: Toripa Antenna Tree Cave map almost done.

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote: If I understand what you're trying to say, then the solidity is assigned to each different tile. That means when you change a tile on the map, it affects the solidity. I know it's possible to change the tiles on the map, which is easy when you figure it out, so that can be done. I'll try to figure out how to change the properties of each tile, though it'll be hard to find.

Tiles also have other properties too, such as:

- Falling down pits
- Being able to turn into another object when walked or run over (grass, fragile ground, etc.)
- Switches (they trigger different events)
- Getting items (from treasure chests)
- Warpable/non-warpable (like staircases, doors, etc.)
- Water (this includes the splashing effect, reduction in speed, and only being able to access it after a certain point in the game)
- Movable objects (like boxes)
- Liftable objects (like the vases which are so copied from Zelda)
- One-way objects (like the red slopes in the antenna tree)
- Jumping objects (like the one-way path in Craft Laboratory)

There are probably others too... and there has to be some way to figure all these out!
Liftable objects are obviously sprites, we are looking more at background tiles to player interations that are specific to certain tiles. So that leaves holes, water, one-way stuff, jumping objects, solid tiles, pass through tiles, and various "state change upon interaction" tiles. Then again how do you make a tile use multiple tiles? Seriously I...

..my head hurts...
Moveable and liftable objects are NOT sprites. Vases BECOME sprites when you pick them up. Boxes sprites when moved, but when they stay in one place, they are condisteread as tiles.