Online Play With VBAlink

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
RacieB

Re: Online Play With VBAlink

Post by RacieB »

I've finally gotten linking to myself to work with Telefang 2 + VBAlink (it required messing a lot with save extensions..) and it seems to work awesomely. This also helped me pick out a line of text that needed to be fixed, which was what I was trying to do in the first place XP Anyway, the options seem to be Link Telefang, Trade Melo-D (I assume this is the middle option, I haven't made any ringtones on 2 and it wasn't selectable), and Trade Denjuu phone numbers.

With Link Telefang, no items or gifts can be used, and no escape is allowed. Whoever wins gets a number offer from a random one of the loser's Denjuu (yes, you steal it if you accept! I don't know what happens if you don't accept, whether the loser keeps it or it it's lost entirely. I need to try this out.) You can rename the Denjuu when you get its number.

As far as Trading goes, it's just a straight trade of phone numbers, and you don't get to nickname whoever you receive.

Anyway, I plan on starting a new game in Power especially for online play, I've been wanting to do so for a while but it's been hard trying to get any interest going for opponents but maybe I can now =x

You can get VBAlink here: http://vbalink.wz.cz/
and all the instructions on how to use it are there. To link up with Telefang 2, at the save select menu after the intro, choose your save and pick the third option (in order, they are Continue File, Delete File, and Link.)

Also, here's a slightly more updated patch (for Power), it includes translation for link battles.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'll download this patch and try it out shortly. And I'll try out VBAlink too...

Did you have to change one of the extensions to *.sa2? I know you have to do with that TGB Dual...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah but also I don't think it liked them being in the same folder either, I had to juggle stuff a lot.. I think though, if you aren't linking to yourself, then the save extensions aren't an issue XP