Telefang Wiki

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Milnivri(imported)

Re: Telefang Wiki

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Hi this is Milnivri. I've been playing telefang for quite some time already, and some time ago I found this forum.

Telefang's a nice game

By the way I've been busy on a wiki about telefang. It's not really ready yet, but you might want to check it out. Telefang wiki link

I haven't really finished the game yet... I'm too busy :(
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

...A Wiki dedicated to Telefang? I never thought I'd see the day. AWESOME. I registered there and will probably edit it later on today...

And welcome to Tulunk Village!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It seems very Diamond/Jade based, if you're talking about Telefang itself you shouldn't use the bootleg names (Kuribute/Fanges) or terms (E-monsters) =\
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

If you need help with the proper names and further information, we would be most pleased to help. I thoroughly approve of the idea of a Wikifang. ^^
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I think the biggest problem with the Engrish names is that there are at least two Denjuu named Kuribute. Of course, this is nothing compared to Telefang 2 where all the new Denjuu retain their names when evolved.

Maybe make it so that Kuribute redirects to a disambiguation page where THAT links to either Krypto or Kryptoburn, for instance? And make Fanges redirect to Fangs?
Milnivri(imported)

Actually I was thinking of having another Japanese wiki for telefang with their real Japanese names, but I don't think many people understand Japanese here.

So it will still be based on the Engrish names, but have both the Engrish and Jap names on the page. The Jap romaji names can redirect to the page itself.

By the way, I can't change the name of the wiki, so we shall have to stick to Keitai Denju Telefang :( It was an error when I registered this wiki.

If you have any alternate ideas on another system to make it less Engrish, please tell me...

Oh and about the two denjuu called Kuribute, I can call the NatMon Kuribute (NatMon) and the TecMon Kuribute (TecMon). I will make Kuribute redirect to Kuribute (disambiguation) to disambig

And about Krypto, isn't it an unofficial English name for Kuribute? At first I couldn't get it too :P So why have unofficial names when more people would understand the Engrish or Japanese names better? A wiki is actually meant as a database of free info for everyone, and we can't force everyone to stick to the unofficial ones.

P.S. By the way Blaziken257, you seem like you edited wikis before. hehe

By the way you can discuss things about the wiki on the wiki itself :)

If any of you wish to to be a sysop I can make you one, because soon I will not be able to edit frequently and check on it... :( I'm in school... And I need someone to design the skin for me, I'm not good...
Milnivri(imported)

Erm maybe this should be on another forum?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Milnivri wrote: Oh and about the two denjuu called Kuribute, I can call the NatMon Kuribute (NatMon) and the TecMon Kuribute (TecMon). I will make Kuribute redirect to Kuribute (disambiguation) to disambig

And about Krypto, isn't it an unofficial English name for Kuribute? At first I couldn't get it too :P So why have unofficial names when more people would understand the Engrish or Japanese names better? A wiki is actually meant as a database of free info for everyone, and we can't force everyone to stick to the unofficial ones.
Any English name is going to be an unofficial one, however most Denjuu are named after plant or bird species and their "real" names are quite easy to determine. For example, Yarou is called Chap in the bootlegs. Following the plant theme, Yarou is meant to be read as Yarrow. Is Chap a better name than Yarrow simply because somebody called him it before? Same thing with Ganteiana/Dragon/Gentiana, Monsutera/Manstla/Monstera, Ririope/Lilioab/Liriope, and countless others.

Also, what about Denjuu that were completely misnamed? A good example is Gust in the bootlegs evolving into either Storm.. or Storm. The Reform evolution is called Tenpesuto though, which is clearly meant to be Tempest. Should it be called Storm because the bootleggers called it that? Hat is I-ji-doggu, leading to Easy Dog which is an Easy Rider reference.

I call Krypto that because it's what Kuriputo reads as... the only thing that may be off is the spelling. Kuribute is simply a very poor Romanization.

Just because more people recognize the bootleg names doesn't make them better; if you aren't going to use the Romanized names as article titles, then at least use the Japanese ones.
Milnivri(imported)

Yeah I suppose so... Good point
Milnivri(imported)

Now who is this guy whose IP Address is 77.161.193.186? This person's been editing on the wiki quite a lot. I think it's Blaziken257. If it is, please log in...