Re: Does anybody either have small item icons or know how to rip them?

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

You know, the items that pop out of grass, the items in shops, and the items in treasure chests. I think those are the only three times you get to see the small icons at all. Does anybody know how to rip them? I need them for something. (To be specific, I need them for the forum buttons.)
Well, I did rip a few that I found, mostly in marts, but also a few treasure chests as well. Here's a page:

http://blaziken257.webs.com/Telefang%202/items.html

I'm going to rip more, though. If only I knew how to do this more easily...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Off the top of my head, I believe the easiest way to get those might be to Gameshark what item a Denjuu is equipped with and grab its icon from their status screen, although I can't recall if it shows the small icons there or just shrunken versions of the large ones.. not sure why it would be the latter but that sounds somewhat familiar (I haven't fiddled with the roms in months.)

I'm prodding through some stuff right now though and seeing if I can extract them by another method, I'll pop 'em on here if I get anything useful.
Mehh, the images in T2 appear to mostly be compressed so I can't rip them through Tile Molester, at least not that I know of. It seems to repeat a lot of chunks of phone buttons / maps / player sprites though? Not sure what that's about. Wonder if it'd be possible to fiddle with the grasscutting item ratio and turn off wild encounters via gameshark....? Then you could have them flying left and right for image-ripping purposes XP
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, hacking the items that appear (either in grass, or shops) will have to do. Either that, or use a GameShark code to modify which items appear, if possible. I haven't looked in Tile Layer Pro yet, but even if you find the tiles there, it's not going to help much because you won't know what colors they are (unless you find the data for that in the ROM, but then coloring everything by hand is very tedious). I'll see what I can do.