Re: Chrono Trigger~

Even though Telefang is a great game, there are other great games out there! Discuss games other than Telefang in this forum.
Blizzardoom(imported)

Post by Blizzardoom(imported) »

Chrono Trigger: Well, this was a game for SNES. In the beginning your a kid (whose name is "crono", but you can change it to whatever you wat in the beginning.) who lives in the middle age-ish year of 1,000 A.D. You go to a fair in the middle of town and then bump into a strange girl. she takes a liking to you and you cruise off doing various activities in the fair, and soon meet Your best friend, Lucca. (a scientist[?]) Anyways, she built a teleporter at the fair, and you volunteer to try it out. It works, but when the mysterious girl tries it out, something strange happens and portal is opened. The dame gets thrown into the vortex, never to be seen again...that is, until YOU use the teleporter to go through time back to 650 B.C. and save her from...things. (I forgot what lol, but I think it had something to do with a cathedral.) ANYWAYS, after you save her you manage to get back through the portal into the present with Luccas' help. (I think...lol) It's then that you discover that said weird girl is actually a royal heir to the throne. (or in other words, a princess. :B) So when you get back to her castle (by which time that Lucca has left the gang), the castle's "chancellor" [guy who enforces stuff] Thinks that you've kidnapped her and sends you to trial. (Sure she tries to convince him otherwise, but her father [the king] keeps interrupting her before she can even speak.) Now here's where it gets weird. Depending on several things you did at the fair you will either be deemed guilty or not guilty, but I'm to lazy to list those right now. (that and the fact that if I did, it would ruin the experience for you. x3) But no matter what, you'll still get sent to jail for 3 days, regardless of guilty or not. (the only difference is that you'll be scheduled to be executed on the third day, if you've been deemed guilty. Still though, the chancellor tries to fool the warden into thinking that you're to be executed, to somewhat avail.) Now after this you 2 options. (which you'll have to find out for yourself. :B Also, Lucca come into play in the game soon after you escape the jail.) So after that whole ordeal, you get chased into the forest, where The Chancellor and his guards are about to catch you when, oh wow! Lucca makes a portal appear in the middle of the screen! So you jump in it not knowing where the hell you're going (but where you really are going is much different than hell basically. :B) The chancellor will be stumped, and his guards as well. (they apparently don't see the OBVIOUS PORTAL in the MIDDLE of THE SCREEN.) So when you get tossed out of the portal, you wind up in a gloomy, machine-like building. When you go out of the room, you wind up in a hideous dirt storm. (It doesn't like sand at all. xD) You'll eventually find another architectural disaster with people wrapped in old rags and nearly starved to death. They tell ya a bunch of different things and you find out that your in the year of 2,300 A.D.

...annnd that's all for now. my fingers hurt too much to write anymore. xD
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Heh. Well, I played Chrono Trigger for the first time the last month. I couldn't stop playing it from then XD
I'm playing the DS port, which I heard is as good as the original. And the translation indeed seems better (I wathched a Let's Play while playing).
Right now, I'm in the Ocean Palace in Antiquity, having problems defeating Golem Twins XD I got Crono, Frog and Robo in my party, all at Level 40.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I have the PSX port and am near the end of the game. I buy hard copies of all the snes/genesis/segacd/nes/psx/gb/gbc/gba/amiga/n64 games that I emulate. Chrono Trigger was the most expensive of the lot.
Blizzardoom(imported)

wrote:Heh. Well, I played Chrono Trigger for the first time the last month. I couldn't stop playing it from then XD
I'm playing the DS port, which I heard is as good as the original. And the translation indeed seems better (I wathched a Let's Play while playing).
Right now, I'm in the Ocean Palace in Antiquity, having problems defeating Golem Twins XD I got Crono, Frog and Robo in my party, all at Level 40.
wrote:I have the PSX port and am near the end of the game. I buy hard copies of all the snes/genesis/segacd/nes/psx/gb/gbc/gba/amiga/n64 games that I emulate. Chrono Trigger was the most expensive of the lot.
Wait, there were ports for the DS and PSX? Nobody seems to tell me these things anymore...XD. You ever felt like that? (yeah, I play the old SNES port.) I also buy hard copies of pretty much every game I own. And I'll definitely have to check that DS version of Chrono trigger. I also had problems with a particular boss; the Mother brain.

AND BY THE WAY...

I didn't use an emulator with this game...D: (I can still remember how much my butt hurt after sitting on that solid wooden-floor of ours. x-x This is also why I buy all the hard copies of the game too...xD)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I just got the Wings of Time~! Awesome! Love this game.

The PSX port added awesome cutscenes, which are kept on the DS, too.
Blizzardoom(imported)

Sanky wrote:I just got the Wings of Time~! Awesome! Love this game.

The PSX port added awesome cutscenes, which are kept on the DS, too.
Cool, sounds nice!...too bad I don't have the PSX though, lol. anyways, What's this game about? I'd love to know.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Blizzardoom wrote:
Sanky wrote:I just got the Wings of Time~! Awesome! Love this game.
Cool, sounds nice!...too bad I don't have the PSX though, lol. anyways, What's this game about? I'd love to know.
Umm... By "this game", I meant Chrono Trigger ^^;
Wings of Time is the improved Epoch... the thing that allows you to travel through time and sits on the world map, that you get later in the game, in the future? Yeah, that...
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Ah, Chrono Trigger. Very fun game! I've played the DS version, and I'm at the final boss' second stage, but I haven't picked it up in a couple months. Always fun. A masterpiece, if I ever saw one. =D
Blizzardoom(imported)

Indeed it was~ :D
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:Wings of Time is the improved Epoch... the thing that allows you to travel through time and sits on the world map, that you get later in the game, in the future? Yeah, that...
Despite the advanced civilisation found in that period it was actually in the past. The future was all apocalyptic remember?