Re: I've drawn a lot of sh- *stuff*

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
ChaosProductions(imported)

Post by ChaosProductions(imported) »

PREAMBLE/WARNING: This thread has a lot of images, and a lot of rambling.

I've drawn a few things, yeah. Seeing someone's art progress is a lot like a life story, to be cheesy and trite. I think I'd like to start with the oldest stuff I have sitting around (read: crappiest). Shall we?

Sera, the Conqueror-Chieftain (huge)
Kalvdt, the Successor (huge)

These go to an old game I was working on a couple of years ago. Nothing ever really came of it except a notebook full of over-ambitious plans and these two. The facial structure on Sera is really bizarre, and the horns - there are just way too many horns. Honestly Chaos, learn about "subtlety" and "moderation".

Oh, yeah, I make games to pass the time. Mostly in eastern-style RPG format, mostly inspired by SMT and the like. I dig mythology a lot, and stuff like the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Odyssey always just enchanted me as a brat. The contrast between mortal in immortal, and the sheer scale of conflicts in Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Sumerian, and many, many other mythologies and legends just can't be matched by any other form of literature.

Anyway, moving on:

Libra, the Almighty Judge (huge)
Pisces, the Wandering Pair (huge)

These two were from a group project I was involved in where we constructed a pantheon inspired by western Zodiac signs, including Ophiuchus/Serpentarius. It was pretty complete, planning-wise, but everyone was burnt out by the time we got to the implementation phase.

That project did, however, result in Lady:

Looking back, her proportions are all wrong and she looks rather... bland? I don't know, her expression is just so generic. Still a great gal, though.

Digging further:
Dispater rules. I still like his design and his backstory. He's a pretty sorry and sympethetic fellow, but that's not a topic for this thread so I'll just link to his buddies here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Even further, we have shiznit like
This is the main cast from a project I started back in December with some dude in Finland. This would've been done on New Years, but he felt it his duty to delay the project in every way possible, so here I am waiting for him to deliver me my product, five months overdue. :fungus:

Image This guy is from my next project. I've aquired an engine to make it in, and my current project is a "let's get used to how this engine works" game in preparation for this guy's game. He's got an adorable little sister too, here:
Ain't she precious?

Oh, these two have some homies of their own too. You can find them here, here, here, and here. There's another dude but he's still not drawn.
:fungus: redux

More Dispater because there's never too much Dispater in the world.

Villainous! Doppelganger is certainly not a nice fellow.

Loki is the sharpest-dressed demon in all of Purgatory.

I told you, Celina is adorable. You didn't believe me.

Now some more game-y stuff:
This is a mockup of sorts, it's how I want day transitions to look. This hasn't been constructed yet, because I'm not making that game yet.
:fungus: encore

Icons! These go next to skill names and such in menus, showing you want Element, Ailment, or Stat they influence or are influenced by. They took a few days more than they should have. I dig the zombie icon a lot. :>

RPG monsters! I intend to use them in a sort of monster-raising game centered on dueling mages and their familiars... someday. Somewhere down the pipe.

Eldritch Eraser(huge)

These are from what I'm working on now. They're cropped out of my concept sketches - you can see part of the word "eye" on the core pic. These are going to go to a close bro of mine for digital tracing and coloring, and then they're going into my project.

AND THAT IS IT for this post. I intend to scan more of the directly above creatures tomor- er, today as of nine minutes ago. They'll be scanned in about nine hours, or so? You can expect to be flooded with more images in about twelve. Peace!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Pisces looks awesome. Permission to colour?

By all means, knock yourself out. B)

Didn't get to scan today. Campus thinks it wise to have the two scanner computers strategically placed out-of-sight, so of the four or so people in the library at any given time, two are on the scanner computers on Facebook. Le sigh.
Got bored and did some pixels.

Warning: you've been warned.
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

ChaosProductions wrote:By all means, knock yourself out. B)
'Kay. Here you go:
http://andwhyisit.deviantart.com/art/Pisces-in-colour-163331458

Whoa, nice. I actually dig how the color selection makes them into a large, bright, healthy being and a small, shriveled blackened one. That's some good juju there.