What if *blank* bought the rights to telefang?

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Aezarce(imported)

Re: What if *blank* bought the rights to telefang?

Post by Aezarce(imported) »

This is something I found when searching for any type of project being done with telefang that I thought would be an interesting concept. The original post was from HERE on non other then the ipod touch fans forum. The basic idea was, what if apple bought the telefang series, I thought it was interesting considering that there are so many games that have come out for the iphone and ipod touch, for example zenonia and the remakes for final fantasy 1 and 2 on the iphone/ipod touch. (If you don't know what the iphone/the ipod touch is then check it out Here).

Unfortunately, the idea was shot down by many I would imagine because of what the original poster put at the end of the post as well as the beginning, but all in all its a good concept considering that telefang does use phones to contact denjuu. So, after hearing of such an idea I thought to myself, why just the iphone/ipod touch? Why not cut in another OS like Android? (If you don't know what Android is check it out HERE).

So, after considering that, I thought to myself, why not take it a step further. So, heres my idea, the battle system would have to be rethought up, you know, made from scratch. It would have to be as far away from the original pokemon battle system without being too far. I was thinking more along the lines of pokemon mystery dungeon type battle system mixed in with a little bit of either what Chrono trigger did or what zenonia did.

Storyline would have to be written, maybe something that would incorporate telefang 1 and 2? Or maybe even a prequel?!

Another idea was to have an online server where you can battle and trade denjuu numbers with your friends as well as fight in tournaments.

My fourth idea would be to have truly rare denjuu that could only be won in tournaments or caught in the online servers of the game and the new rare ones would be introduced every I would say month or year. All this would be done through online connections on wifi, which the iphone/ipod touch and all android phones have, or you could trade through bluetooth which would be very tricky to implement so it should just stay to wifi ;) .

The last, and seemingly not least, idea would be to have rare moves and items introduced in the online servers of much of the same way that the rare denjuu would be introduced. All this would be accomplished by our many talented artists over here at Tulunk village! So, all in all, I thought that might be a good idea for anyone to consider doing. I know that this will not be done right away but it would be nice to have it posted so that someone many years from now could look at it and say "Hey! thats something I could get involved in!" but hey, a man could dream right?

Now, here's where you all step in. I want to hear what you guys would like to see done. you've heard my ideas now I want to hear some of what you guys think? Feel free to criticize or add on to what I have in mind. Thank you for your time -_-

andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Wow, that thread is full of retards. I have this urge to create an account there just to set some of them straight.

Anyway while using a mobile device in the case of the iPhone is a good idea, a touchscreen-only version of Telefang would feel weird and and phone-specific iPhone features would be useless on an iPod Touch. The DS and PSP are the remaining viable portable gaming devices, and while I would honestly prefer the PSP we all know that Telefang 3 will be a DS exclusive in the end.

*sigh*
Aezarce(imported)

Post by Aezarce(imported) »

Thank you for the input and yes I would also join you in setting those narrowminded people straight on iPod touch fan forums :). It's true that if there were to be iPhone specific features on the game then it would be somewhat useless on the iPod touch. What I would invision it is that version of Telefang would mainly be accessible for both the iPod touch and iPhone without there being special features for the latter.

When I talked about the battle system and I mentioned zenonia I was thinking more of along the lines of the menu that has a quick slot at the bottom much like what most mmorpg's have. Just wanted to add that :). Though it is true that any sequel to telefang would be immediately for the Nintendo ds, I would suggest more of a prequel. It also could be developed for the psp if a certain project, Quinta essentia, ever gets done.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Aezarce wrote:It also could be developed for the psp if a certain project, Quinta essentia, ever gets done.
Yeah, I have been waiting for that project ever since it was announced to the public. Though the first game I want to port to the QE engine is "Yellow: Protector of the Sun".
Locololo(imported)

Post by Locololo(imported) »

maybe how you were saying bout the tournament denjuu or maybe even liek a spread gift thing(im not sure) the secret denjuu could bet he ones you use...i also like the idesa for the iphone, but i dotn got one yet :(