Hello!

New to this forum? Introduce yourself here!
Mink(imported)

Re: Hello!

Post by Mink(imported) »

Hello! I found this forum just today and was very happy to see that a place like this really existed, as it has been several years already since I stumbled upon the bootlegged versions of Telefang here in Germany.

My sister got the diamond version and I got the jade one. I fell in love with it and was of course very disappointed and sad when I found out it would never be able to save the time I spent with it, so she gave me hers and I spent hours and hours with it, as I was so fascinanted with the "electric monsters" even though I didn't really understand what was going on because of the horrible language it had in the German versions xD

Well, now I've read alot about the original games and and have the strong wish to play it again with a better translation(preferably Telefang Speed, but the translation patch only seems to work for Power T-T). Sadly, we have given our games to friends many years ago, so I dont own one anymore.

I can't wait to look around here and hope you'll be able to understand my English.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Welcome to Tulunk Village! Glad to see you here. I've heard of the bootleg German versions before, it's kinda interesting that they exist... I wonder who translated them.

I really need to get back to working on that patch... and I don't know if it works for Speed Version, as I haven't tested it. There's a chance that it will work, though, due to the ROMs being similar.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Hi and welcome to Tulunk Village!

I have one of the "elusive" German versions! It's kinda broken and I only got it to run about three times, and then it froze during the intro.
Mink(imported)

Post by Mink(imported) »

Ah, thank you for welcoming me that nicely. ^^

Yes, I also wonder why of all things they also translated it in German, but thanks to it I were able to find out about the "real" Telefang series. (That doesn't mean I support things such as bootlegs xD)
I'm very grateful for everything you have already done in creating the holy Telefang translation! That must have been alot of tough work, but nevertheless, you just go forward. ^^ Without it, no one of us would have ever been able to enjoy the game with such a good language and finally be able to understand everything the characters say.

I am playing Telefang Power just now. Hmm.. But Sanky, I wonder why it didn't work properly.. Was it maybe broken from the inside? Well, I don't know much about things like that.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I bought it on one of the auction sites, of the Czech variety. It was broken already when I got it, through I'm planning to try and dump it (a friend of mine has a GB dumper).