Song names?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Sherkel(imported)

Re: Song names?

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

I've been trying to do this, but with a bit of trouble. I was wondering if you guys could help finish this list (numbers correspond with RacieB's rip on their site):
00 - Overworld
01 - ???
02 - Ion Island
03 - Barran Desert
04 - On the Sea
05 - Pepperi Mountain
06 - Inside a Cave
07 - A Dark Building
08 - ???
09 - Ready to Telefang?
10 - Omitted (09's repeating part)
11 - Telefang! Vs. Wild Denjuu
12 - Telefang! Vs. Common T-Fanger
13 - Telefang! Decisive Battle
14 - Telefang! Vs. Doomsday
15 - Telefang Won!
16 - Telefang Lost...
17 - Level Up!
18 - GAME OVER
19 - Kai
20 - Miyo
21 - Shop
22 - Dangerous Denjuu
23 - Kakuza Group
24 - ???
25 - New Number
26 - Peace in Toronko Village (unsure about this one)
27 - ???
28 - Level-Up Evolution
29 - Reform Evolution
30 - ???
31 - Lost a Number
32 - D-Shot
33 - Residence
34 - ??? (you hear it when you unlock a certain Antenna Tree - is that the only time?)
35 - Teleportation
36 - Title Screen
37 - Intro Sequence
38 - The End
39 - Sanaeba
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Here are the missing ones. I have no idea what their "official" names are (if they even exist), so I just made them up...

01 - Cactos Ruins
08 - Burion Ruins
24 - Multiplayer screen
27 - Yarrow
30 - Experimental Evolution
34 - Palm Sea switch activation/Hoshino & Ogawa encounter

Hope this helps!

Also, IIRC, I think that #10 really is used, in the multiplayer screen when you battle against a friend when you have to pick your Denjuu.

Also, RacieB's numbering scheme is directly based off the game's sound test, for simplicity sake.
Sherkel(imported)

Thank you!
Dan Marino(imported)

Post by Dan Marino(imported) »

Hm... would you mind sharing the website you can download the songs from? I'd love to download some of them.

Any chance you know the name of Mr. Nerikara's theme? I always did like that one. The Doomsday Battle as well, and the overworld view.
Sherkel(imported)

They don't got names. If you have any suggestions, we could try and create our own and tag it like so. Simlpy search "Telefang" and the site should be second or so.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

This reminds me, I really oughta rerip them sometime with a better emu =I
oh yeah and here's the directory link to them http://telefang.meowcorp.us/soundtrack/
Sherkel(imported)

RacieB wrote:This reminds me, I really oughta rerip them sometime with a better emu =I
oh yeah and here's the directory link to them http://telefang.meowcorp.us/soundtrack/
Use a GBS file with foobar2000 and convert them to MP3. There's one floating around somewhere, but I'll upload it here.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Pretty much anything will be better than VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2. It annoys me that everybody uses that, because it has terrible sound quality for GB/GBC games. The sound pitch is too sharp (although it resembles a Super Game Boy), the bass is far too quiet, and there are lots of "muffled" noises in many of the songs every few seconds (if that made sense).

I use VBA-M, which is much better, and while it doesn't produce GBS files, it's good enough. I barely noticed any differences between that and a real Game Boy.
Although it's worse with GBA games, ESPECIALLY WITH TELEFANG 2. I mentioned about that here but one of the people programming VBA-M claims that it's supposed to sound like that (yeah, right).
Locololo(imported)

Post by Locololo(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote:Pretty much anything will be better than VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2. It annoys me that everybody uses that, because it has terrible sound quality for GB/GBC games. The sound pitch is too sharp (although it resembles a Super Game Boy), the bass is far too quiet, and there are lots of "muffled" noises in many of the songs every few seconds (if that made sense).

I use VBA-M, which is much better, and while it doesn't produce GBS files, it's good enough. I barely noticed any differences between that and a real Game Boy.
Although it's worse with GBA games, ESPECIALLY WITH TELEFANG 2. I mentioned about that here but one of the people programming VBA-M claims that it's supposed to sound like that (yeah, right).
to mr.programmer i say you can look down the barrels of the denjuus weapons for insulting their music!!!! and also on mine i never notice a change in music but i dont know what model it is
Sherkel(imported)

Locololo wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote:Pretty much anything will be better than VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2. It annoys me that everybody uses that, because it has terrible sound quality for GB/GBC games. The sound pitch is too sharp (although it resembles a Super Game Boy), the bass is far too quiet, and there are lots of "muffled" noises in many of the songs every few seconds (if that made sense).

to mr.programmer i say you can look down the barrels of the denjuus weapons for insulting their music!!!! and also on mine i never notice a change in music but i dont know what model it is
What? :huh: