Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Hah! The first character isn't disappearing, it is being coloured white, the same colour as the background.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

So glad to see this is being started again, it's the reason I joined this forum in the first place!

I wish I could help in any way, but I'll just cheer you guys on!
Normmatt(imported)

Post by Normmatt(imported) »

Yay glad to hear the bug has been fixed and that the translation will continue.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Finally got a chance to play with the patch some and noticed a couple of quirks. Besides the noted ones (blanking first letter, VWF turning off and on in battle) I saw these -

This blank space showed up a few times when HP got depleted, dunno what could be causing that exactly.. I would hazard a guess it has to do with how the remaining HP for that specific square is calculated...? Nooooo idea...

This was the first fight with Tabasco (who needs her in-battle name fixed but who cares about that for now.) It seemed to happen when I cycled through her Denjuu, I dunno if the "which uu" and character squashing are related or just simultaneous here but I didn't see either of them at any other point while I was playing.
nickz777(imported)

Post by nickz777(imported) »

hi guys. i really want to help out translate this game, I have a few background about coding and such since I used to be a hacker on pokemon games, but I don't know which tools I need to translate this game. can you guys give me some info. about it so that I can finally help out translating this game? :)
AnjiosiFan2265(imported)

Post by AnjiosiFan2265(imported) »

Wow, only today did I know this was finally being translated right. I hope I can help in some way.
eisenbaum(imported)

Post by eisenbaum(imported) »

Hi, so is this project dead or still in progress ?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

eisenbaum wrote:Hi, so is this project dead or still in progress ?
On hold until Kimbles is finished translating the next batch of dialogue. Well except for translating the menu items, inserting an English title screen, and fixing some of the remaining vwf bugs.

By god I need to stop procrastinating and finish documenting Malias' code.
nickz777 wrote:hi guys. i really want to help out translate this game, I have a few background about coding and such since I used to be a hacker on pokemon games, but I don't know which tools I need to translate this game. can you guys give me some info. about it so that I can finally help out translating this game? :)
Figure I should point this out while I'm here but unlike Pokemon there is no specific tool for dumping telefang's dialogue. You have to do it manually with a hex editor and a character table. That's why it's best to grab an existing dump.
eisenbaum(imported)

Post by eisenbaum(imported) »

No wonder it's taking so long, with no proper tool to dump, it's like having one person saw a tree trunk with a butter knife :( .
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

eisenbaum wrote:No wonder it's taking so long, with no proper tool to dump, it's like having one person saw a tree trunk with a butter knife :( .
Dumping the text is easy, you just got to know how to do it. My concern was that nickz777 didn't know how to do it without the assistance of a tool.

Although I could try writing a text dumping and re-insertion tool for telefang if the need is there.

EDIT: The dumper is working beautifully, so I'm halfway there. Gotta work on getting that text back into the rom now. ;)