Freeze Help!!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Brolinator(imported)

Re: Freeze Help!!

Post by Brolinator(imported) »

Alright, so I was playing the bootleg Pokemon Diamond rom on lameboy on my Acekard2i and I got to Alice, beat all the trainers and got the password from the guy. Then when the Denjuu teleported me in that sequence my game froze, and it freezes every time right when he teleports me.
Any ideas? PLEASE help.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I've never heard of that glitch happening before. But then again, I have only played it on VisualBoyAdvance. Maybe your Acekard2i has some glitch that VBA doesn't have? That's the only reason that I can think of. Unfortunately, I don't have an Acekard2i, so I can't verify this for myself. Hopefully someone here has one, though.

The other possibility is that it's a bad ROM dump. Try looking into that.

Does the game freeze in the same spot if you use the original Japanese version?
Brolinator(imported)

The thing is my friend also has the same rom (he got it from me) and he uses an R4, and his did the same thing, but I tried over 3 different dumps with the same save states and even tried starting again but all of them gave us both the same results.. its quite frustrating :/
however thanks to the legend who posted the Pokemon Jade patch im playing that and I hope that it won't do the same again.
Thanks for answering so fast!

btw no I haven't tried with the Telefang Power Version yet. But I kinda enjoy the hilarious translations of the bootleg xP
Well Fuck.. (Excuse my language) the same glitch happened in jade.. this is getting on my nerves now :(
So this guy has the same problem:
http://gbatemp.net/t170649-lameboy-and-pokemon-diamond?gopid=3611194&#entry3611194
(sorry for the mix up of urls)
and Ive come to the conclusion that its the lameboy emulator, but I cant test it cause the VBA wont read my sav files for some reason -.-
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Oh. You said .sav files right? Not savestates?
Theoretically that should work.
Is that VBA or VBA-M? Also, which version?
Can you send me a copy of the file? I may be able to convert it manually.
Brolinator(imported)

Sorry about the late reply, time zones are in the way.
Yeah, I tried with both .sav files and the save states (pokemonjade.ls2, pokemonjade.ls3 etc.) and none of them worked..
I am using VBA on mac and all it says under about VBA is Original version: Forgotten and Mac OSX version: Adam Green -.-
I uploaded it to Megaupload on this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MPQUQ688

thanks for the help :)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Brolinator wrote:Sorry about the late reply, time zones are in the way.
Yeah, I tried with both .sav files and the save states (pokemonjade.ls2, pokemonjade.ls3 etc.) and none of them worked..
I am using VBA on mac and all it says under about VBA is Original version: Forgotten and Mac OSX version: Adam Green -.-
I uploaded it to Megaupload on this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MPQUQ688

thanks for the help :)
Umm.. the .sav file you gave me doesn't seem to work with lameboy let alone VBA, a bunch of info is missing from the opening part of the file. Can you give me the savestates by any chance? I might have better luck with those.
Brolinator(imported)

Oh wow that sounds really weird :/
I didnt know how to get all my save states uploaded, so I just uploaded one, here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNMDLKAA
Thanks!
UPDATE:
Yeah... put the translation patch on the rom and started again from scratch, and it froze the same spot -.- so this MUST be the emulator.. if you could post the save state or a .sav file just past the teleportation, then I might get further.
Thanks
Well, we did it. We started from scratch on VBA and then got to the point, surpassed it, and then put the .sav file on the lameboy, now hopefully we wont have another wavy sequence and we should be fine :D
Thanks for all the help guys!
Ill be sure to check out this forum more :)