Re: Hi

New to this forum? Introduce yourself here!
Torchickens(imported)

Post by Torchickens(imported) »

Hello I'm Torchickens. I like Pokemon, glitches, Starfy and classic Nintendo games. :)

I read about this forum elsewhere, and thought I'd join. I received Keitai Denjuu Telefang Speed in the mail earlier today (much thanks to one of the useful eBay listings on this forum), and I have a noobish question. What is this for? Is it like some sort of wireless link adapter? ^o)

Sorry if this has been answered so many times.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Hiya, welcome to the board. Always nice to see a new face ^^

The attachment that comes with the game is called a 'Power Antenna' and you're supposed to attach it to your gameboy. It blinks whenever a denjuu calls you in-game. When you attach it to a gameboy color it makes it look like a mobile cell phone, although this effect doesn't work so well with the gameboy advance models since they don't look so much like a mobile phone. It was only available with the limited versions of Telefang (there's both a regular edition and limited edition of both versions). The one you have is the Speed Limited version.

EDIT: Here's an example of the Power Antenna in action: http://telefang.meowcorp.us/image/annte03.gif
Torchickens(imported)

Post by Torchickens(imported) »

Thanks!

Hmm that's pretty neat, it's shame how with the GBA you can only get it to point sideways. Reminds me of what happened with Game Boy Camera after the GBA SP came out.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Hmmm, interesting that you joined. I know you... and I read your PM on YouTube (which I completely forgot to respond to) that you got into Telefang after seeing the TAS of it. I didn't know until now that you got the physical cart, though. That's awesome. So welcome and have some curry!

And yeah, the antenna does look odd on the GBA SP:

Image Image
Caryh13(imported)

Post by Caryh13(imported) »

welcome to forum!