An apology to everyone

Have ideas on how to make the boards better? Post them here!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: An apology to everyone

Post by andwhyisit »

I would like to apologise for posting this thread:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village...p?showtopic=117

I didn't know that it was illegal and that they used actual roms, I thought they remade the game from scratch. :(

I personally embarrassed about this but I also am not impressed at how incriminating that edit looks when I had no intention whatsoever of ever linking to a rom site. I just felt that I needed to clear the air on the matter but I couldn't do that in a closed thread. <_<

Anyway, sorry guys. :(
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Hey, it's ok. You weren't actually linking to a rom site, but an emulator site. It doesn't tell you explicitly how to download, but if you look in the source code, you can see the parameters for the Java applet contain a link to the rom (which was necessary, unless there's a workaround)

But cheer up. :)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

It's OK. I still think it's technically illegal, though, since it's still a ROM. Thing is, the emulator crashes after getting Krypto's number ANYWAY. Also, you'll notice that those kinds of sites have tons of other GB and GBC games, and you can tell that those aren't created from scratch, either. >_>
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

If possible, Blaziken, can you delete the topic or something, such that it cannot be seen, because it was totally not his fault, and his fatal mistake embarrassed him greatly. So if you delete it it can greatly relieve him of it.

If it's not possible then delete all the posts there and move it to a forum where no one else can access except you. (There's this feature I think, to restrict the forum access levels)