Re: I just got Pkmn Staddium 2! So I have a few questions

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Espeon(imported)

Post by Espeon(imported) »

I just got it a few days ago and have some questions:

What kind of cable do I need for my gold & PS2 (Playstation 2!) to ineract?

Does it copy my gold's pkmn or take them?

I'm planning to get a Silver because I picked the wrong starter (I saw Chikorita and said: it looks alot better than that fire one, no! its forms must be better the Chikorita- I was wrong, Chikorita rules and its forms stink. my oppion) can I put G & S's pokemon on the same file?

Thanks- poor Hitmonlee, I chose it by accident on blue and grew to love it and I still like Htmnchan better. Maybe I'll give it some love in this game. :wub:

After I played a bit I have a new question, do psychic types have more of a chane of being prlzed in this game? it seemed that way with water frz in PS1...
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Ooh, I love this game! It's my favorite game for N64 and I'm glad you got it. Anyways, as for the questions:
wrote:What kind of cable do I need for my gold & PS2 (Playstation 2!) to ineract?
You need a Transfer Pak. It plugs into the back of your Nintendo 64 controller (similar to a Rumble Pak), and then you can plug your Gold cartridge in it.

By the way, are you sure that you meant PlayStation 2 when you said PS2? In this context, PS2 stands for Pokémon Stadium 2.
wrote:Does it copy my gold's pkmn or take them?
When battling other trainers in the game, you can use any Pokémon from your Gold cartridge to battle, or you can use rental Pokémon (preselected Pokémon with fixed stats/movesets/items, which are typically inferior to your own Pokémon). It doesn't remove any Pokémon from your cartridge. You can also save up to 10 teams of Pokémon in most cups (there are three of them where you can do this), as well as the Gym Leader Castle, so that you don't have to use your cartridge every time you want to use the same Pokémon.

There is also Prof. Oak's Laboratory; one of the things you can do here is store Pokémon from your Game Boy cartridge and keep them in the N64 cartridge. When you do this, the game will take Pokémon from your GB cart, but you can always get them back later. If you have caught 150 or more Pokémon the Pokédex in your G/S/C cart, you can even transfer Pokémon belonging to other people, too. So basically, it gives you extra boxes to store your Pokémon and items.
wrote:I'm planning to get a Silver because I picked the wrong starter (I saw Chikorita and said: it looks alot better than that fire one, no! its forms must be better the Chikorita- I was wrong, Chikorita rules and its forms stink. my oppion) can I put G & S's pokemon on the same file?
Yes, you can use as many GB carts as you want; there is no limit. (I've heard this is no longer the case as of Pokémon Battle Revolution though...) Also as stated before, you can transfer Pokémon without having to trade, as long as you caught at least 150 Pokémon in G/S/C (there is no restriction for R/B/Y). BTW, I love Cyndaquil too XD
wrote:After I played a bit I have a new question, do psychic types have more of a chance of being prlzed in this game? it seemed that way with water frz in PS1...
IMO, due to the Special split, the introduction of Dark and Steel types, and the fact that Ghost moves are strong against Psychics now (as well as the existence of Megahorn, a Bug move that actually does something), Psychics aren't as broken as they were originally. So you'll have to come up with diverse types this time. I actually thought Psychic was the dominant type in the first generation, not Water...
Espeon(imported)

Post by Espeon(imported) »

I was joking went I said Playstation 2 since they have the same short name, also I had a hard time picking tyfolsion over Noctowl. I chose Noctowl, though. You know Clelfairy's Japanese name, Pippi? That's what I called my Charmander in Blue. I still call it that to this day. Anyway, thanks! ps. I Have a hard time using Chimecho in Black (I forgot that you need max happiness and NIGHT to evolve it so I evolved it at lv. 85 XD) cus of that. Sorry for random commets by the way.