Re: Telefang Power Antenna

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Toya(imported)

Re: Telefang Power Antenna

Post by Toya(imported) »

So one of the most interesting aesthetics Telefang's adopted is the antenna motif. Cellular phones haven't used antenna since 1999, yet in spite of this both Telefang games came with antenna adapters that only serve to flash when you get an incoming call. I was actually surprised to see a power antenna for the GBA Telefang as well as the GBC release;
I've got a couple questions about these, and I was thinking that this would be the place to ask them.
* Are the original antenna particular with what model of Game Boy they'll work with? I.e., are the Game Boy's ports different between GB, GBC and GB Pocket models? My Game Boy Color was stolen a couple years back so I don't have it for reference, but I still have a green-and-green GB.
* Have either of the two antenna types been observed responding to any other games?
* Come to think of it, how much did the antenna actually boost game sales? It's a very interesting marketing tactic, and someone at Smilesoft must've been convinced that it worked, because they designed, produced and packaged a second model for Telefang 2.

While the power antenna boils down to useless trivia, it's very interesting useless trivia, and brings to mind other packaging deals past and future, like ROB with the NES or the wireless adapter for Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green. It's rather unfortunate that the GB only has a single port built into it, as it would be interesting to see what kind of frankenboys could be made from its peripherals. Mobile Phone GB Adapter, Power Antenna, Game Boy Camera fusion, anyone?