Nice to meet you

New to this forum? Introduce yourself here!
Mustache(imported)

Re: Nice to meet you

Post by Mustache(imported) »

I'm not native English speaker but Japanese.
I googled about Dinodevice for my playing guide, and somehow find here...(I'd searched Japanese site)
You guys have much fun on these games through they are only Japanese released.
Interesting.

Anyway, finally I found out what that mean of the planet emblems. Thanks! ;)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

こんにちは、 マスタチさん!

I think you're the first Japanese person around here.

We're a small community, but we're working on a whole wiki about Smilesoft games: http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/
Unfortunately, there's not much information on Dino Device yet because we have so much to do.
Please have a look around, though!

And, of course, have some curry.
Mustache(imported)

!!! ops, not マスタチ! lol

That is just English Mustache.(kk, my PC says the spell is right.)
If you write it in カタカナ, it will be "マスタッシュ".

(Actually, no fixed spelling rules about those "from foreign words to Japanese".
It mean the first one will win.lol Someone had already replaced Mustache as that.)

You guys doing translation works. Great. (claps)
It looks like very difficult to express each small differences at the monsters talking.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I'm sorry for messing up your name. If you'd write it as "Musutache", I'd recognize it as Japanese!

The translations are tedious. My Japanese is too bad to translate, but I help when deciding on things sometimes and mostly do rom hacking.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Hi! I'm doing the translations. ^^ Yeah, it's a bit harder to make the Denjuu speak differently in english. XD

I'm glad our Dino Device info was helpful, it's a shame that there aren't any japanese websites about it. What kind of guide are you making? If you have any other questions, I could try to help out. :D Have you played Telefang too?
Mustache(imported)

Sanky wrote:I'm sorry for messing up your name. If you'd write it as "Musutache", I'd recognize it as Japanese!
mmm, another misunderstanding? my name is just English "Mustache".
And when the English "Mustache" is displayed by Japanese letters,
it should be マスタッシュ, just like as that we Japanese heard it.
(or someone brainwashed us as we heard it as that)
You know, Japanese letters are almost phonetic symbols(except of Kanji).

maybe your translation softs did automatic spellings cause it was a Name.
however, no suitable rules for foreign word spellings as I said.(There are some fashion in each era)
as like gif>jpeg, no perfect way of the transform.(several vowels go into 5)
it was just individual tasks of each translator.

Difficult? yeah, I think so too.
But do it opposite change. in my google translate, マスタッシュ will be back to "Mustache".
and マスタチ just going into another thing.
We already knew the word "Mustache" is lip hair.
And it's known as マスタッシュ. no excuse. no reason. sorry. lol
(...ooops! I found the guys called them ムスタッシュ... I believe it's a generation gap.)

Btw about DinoDevice, Since it is old game(for us), there weren't much site about DinoD(in Japan) but few info was.
I played it by them, but Just emblems were very long term mystery for me.(I finished the game still the emblem was mystery)
Recently I'd been just doing adjustment of the files in my HardDisk, and found my old playing-notes of that game.
Thus, I remembered that mystery again, lol

And Telefang, I didn't know about manga, just had played the game(1).
Telefang looks like more misfortune here. now I could find only one site.(guess its older than DinoD is one reason)
Some of guys are talking about it(and lovin' it).
But they all knew it's a little bit out of mainstreams.
It have Rough balance and surrealism establishment.(both are the charm points too, they said)
It's ok for me. This was fun on their own way.
Frankly, some systems need to be evolved though.lol
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Did you ever play Telefang 2? I think it fixed a lot of the things that were problems in Telefang 1 - for example, type balance (by making attacks have their own types separate from Denjuu's habitat types), and evolution (by letting you unevolve fusion/lab Denjuu.) Items were much more useful in Telefang 2 as well.
Mustache(imported)

RacieB wrote:Did you ever play Telefang 2? I think it fixed a lot of the things that were problems in Telefang 1 - for example, type balance (by making attacks have their own types separate from Denjuu's habitat types), and evolution (by letting you unevolve fusion/lab Denjuu.) Items were much more useful in Telefang 2 as well.
That will be great. I haven't play 2.
I selected only "Glare" then hit*hit*hit...at end stage of 1st battles.
Almost of Japanese guys loves 1st much better than 2nd through...lol
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Hello, welcome to Tulunk Village! I hope you have enjoyed it here so far. Have some curry!

It is interesting to see a Japanese member here. We haven't had very many Japanese members, so it's cool to see one. I'm glad you enjoy this English forum, and you should definitely play Telefang 2 sometime. Like RacieB said, it improves on various aspects, such as the types, items, the tougher wild battles, and the loss of the ability to heal by pressing B on the map (which made the first game too easy).

Also, as for the word mustache, the "ch" in this word (as well as a few other words like "machine") has an "sh" sound, like in "shoe" or "ash." So that's why the kana is written as マスタッュ.