We should start a Telefang Midi Project. Here, I'll start.

Have Telefang fan art you wish to show off to the world? Post it here!
manomow(imported)

Re: We should start a Telefang Midi Project. Here, I'll start.

Post by manomow(imported) »

Ive noticed the severe lack of midis for Telefang, thus no remixes and such are easy to do. I think we should start creating a group of Telefang Midis. First, we will need a recording of each song to track them by ear. Ive already started on the first midi:

-Human World (Inside?): http://www.mediafire.com/?ekgbt5tqz51s0t8
I dont have the background theme in yet as I couldn't get it quite right, if anyone would give it a shot.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Telefang's not very well known, so it's not surprising there are no midis for the game. I think I also heard that the music files in the game couldn't be translated into midis so they had to be done from scratch? I could be wrong. A user called Genghoul did some remixes a while back in this topic if you're interested: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/7061532/1/
manomow(imported)

Yeah, I was just looking at those a bit before starting the topic, thats what got me to making it. And they do have to be made from scratch, unless you have a converter which turns out very crappy and jumbled.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I think that was the exact reason why they had to be done from scratch if I remember right, because the notes ended up scrambled or something when they were converted. I'm sure one of the members mentioned it on the forum a while back, but I can't remember which topic unfortunately...

I'll see if I can find which one.

EDIT: Here it is. It was a topic about ripping music and converting it into Midi files: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/7098572/1/
manomow(imported)

I think ive read every thread on these forums that have to do with midis. The Human World/Inside theme I made from scratch. The only midi I wish someone could make would be the Overoworld theme. Its like my favorite game theme ever and I can seem to get the notes right on it.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Ah, that's ok then. I thought you might have, but I posted it anyway in case you hadn't.

The overworld theme is one of my favourites too. There's actually a site called VGmusic that hosts midis and such of video games. It would be interesting if there were Telefang midis made and put on the site in the GBC section. Unfortunately i'm not a midi musician, so I can't help out.
manomow(imported)

Ah, thats alright. Im just attemping the overworld theme now because Im bored and have been up 24 hrs. +. I got to stay awake though, because when Im tired is when Im most creative.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I tried to transcribe one by ear using WarioWare DIY's music composer (pretty much a midi type of setup in the way it utilizes tracks and instruments.) I should try to rerecreate it in Anvil Studio or something like that eventually, in order to have a proper midi mix of it, cause the mp3 recording of the DIY version isn't the greatest :s

http://racieb.meowcorp.us/mp3/wwdiy/Keitai%20Denjuu%20Telefang%20-%20D-Shot%20Menu.mp3
manomow(imported)

Thats still very nice though. Right now Ive kinda been taking it slow with making more midis because Im not feeling well due to being up the entire weekend with no sleep and mass intake of caffeine. Ugh, the human body isnt meant for this...
Genghoul(imported)

Post by Genghoul(imported) »

I'd post MIDIs of the songs I've done but there are a couple problems with that...first off they aren't necessarily 100% faithful transpositions of the songs in the game so I'm not sure how helpful that will be, and also two of my remixes were made in Garageband which can't convert the files into MIDIs. I can post the MIDIs for Palm Sea and and Ion Island, but they just aren't entirely accurate. If I ever get time I'll definitely make a good MIDI for the Overworld theme (: