Medarot 4 shares identical sound engine with Telefang?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Medarot 4 shares identical sound engine with Telefang?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

After listening to the music in these two videos, it seems that Natsume used the exact same sound engine for Medarot 4 as they did for Telefang 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpF7PI ... re=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9AJ-K4 ... re=related

I wonder if this was Natsume's trademark type of music since the same type of sound and style is present in a lot of their Gameboy Color games?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Well, this one should be obvious since the same person did the music for both games. XD
(I don't see why this couldn't have gone in the existing thread...?)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I thought double posting wasn't allowed in threads (since I was the last person to post in the thread), so I started a new one. Sorry if it was the wrong thing to do.

I didn't realise Kinuyo Yamashita had done the music for all of the Medarot games as well. I guess that explains everything. I feel a bit stupid now for not checking, it didn't occur to me she might be the composer as well ^^;
She was probably chosen as the composer for Telefang because she had worked on other Natsume games. Her style's very recognisable.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:I thought double posting wasn't allowed in threads (since I was the last person to post in the thread), so I started a new one. Sorry if it was the wrong thing to do.
Offtopic, but I wish I knew what genius came up with a "rule" against double posting; there's no reason you couldn't post an update to a thread after a month or even a few days with a good reason.

As for the topic, Kinuyo Yamashita's music is awesome and we have had a thread on her as well.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I have to say that I like her music in Telefang the most, and yes, she is a very good composer. A lot of the songs in Telefang are quite memorable.

I do agree about the double posting thing, there's a few threads I wanted to update but it would mean a double post, which I don't want to do. The Shi Kong Xing Shou thread is one I believe.