Spanish Pokemon Diamond boxart

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Spanish Pokemon Diamond boxart

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Searched for Pokemon Diamante on Google and this is what it came up with:

http://fotos.trucoteca.com/fotos/8737/pokemon-diamante-1.jpg

I guess this is more proof that Spanish versions exist. I had a feeling there would be a Diamond counterpart to the Jade one on ebay. These games always come in pairs it seems.

I also happened to find someone selling the Spanish Pokemon Diamond on GBA that is a hack of Tiny Toons as well. The boxart has lava for some reason: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Diamond-Gameboy-advance-game-/280816308891?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4161f4d29b
~Iams~(imported)

Post by ~Iams~(imported) »

Huh. Interesting.

I find it a bit odd that someone would package a GBC game in a GBA casse though...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

The GBA version of Pokemon Diamond is actually a hack of a game called Tiny Toons. The only relation to the GBC Pokemon Diamond and Jade is that the boxart was borrowed. There's also a GBA Jade version that is a hack of Wacky Races as well. The name Pokemon Diamond and Jade has been reused for tons of unrelated bootlegs that are not of Telefang.
~Iams~(imported)

Post by ~Iams~(imported) »

Oh got'cha.

Piraters... cant even think up a new game title huh? XD
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I think i've lost count of how many Pokemon Diamond and Jade bootlegs there are so far. There's hacks of sonic and all sorts of games floating around in China and Taiwan. I think we've got a couple of topics about them on the forum as well.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Hmmm, more Spanish pirated merchandise... the first box is interesting, it looks like it's based off the real Crystal (or rather, Cristal) box art. It got a lot right, with the Game Boy Color text on the side, the Nintendo logo, the Pokémon logo, the "¡Hazte con todos!" text on top, the "¡Lo último después de las Ediciones Oro y Plata!" (this means "The latest after the Gold and Silver Versions!") text on the side (I could find many good results for real Cristal box art, but I found a few, just compare them to the Diamante one: [1] [2] [3]), although they screwed up the Diamante text, the snake thing that doesn't exist in Pokémon or Telefang is still there, and there are those weird diamonds that are randomly and sloppily placed. Also, that green background would have been better suited for Jade... Oh well.

The second one is totally weird, but I've seen it before already. I still find it odd that it says "Diamante VERSION" instead of "Edición Diamante", and it has that horrid Comic Sans MS font. Also, why does it have the English "Gotta catch 'em all!" text? And why is there an ESRB rating if ESRB is exclusive to North America? Weird. Actually, the only thing Spanish about this box is the word "Diamante"... Oh, and way to go pirates, reusing box art for a totally unrelated game. (Also, what's the point of hacking Tiny Toons into a Pokémon game? They are nothing alike.)

Interesting nonetheless. It's cool that you find all these things!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

The bootleggers seem to have targeted quite a few foreign markets with all the translations that are turning up. It still surprises me that Telefang was that popular enough for bootleggers to want to bootleg it in such quantities. It seems they were very determined to pass off anything and everything as a new version of Pokemon to keep up with the hype and cash in.