German Diamond/Jade cartridges

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: German Diamond/Jade cartridges

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I went searching and a found an english forum with pictures of the two German cartridges for Diamond and Jade. Strangely enough, there is Spanish text on the cartridge as well that says 'this side up'. The text underneath the Pokemon logo is in German and says 'Schnapp' sie Dir alle!', like the official German games.

Images: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7165/p9010008.jpg

Forum: http://www.retrocollect.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1178
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The first thing that popped out to me was... a screenshot of Jade? HOW? If they have a dumpable version, that ROM is in high demand..!
WOW nevermind, I never saw this: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/6985970/ Must have been when I was away from the forums O_O
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

So! Sanky got his cartridge working again! He posted some lines from the intro and I translated this, with grammar errors and such. Here's the result:
wrote:16:36 - Sanky: Ich habe gehört, von diesem großen Baum kann man in die E-Monster-welt, nicht wahr? In der E-monster-Welt gibt es viele lustige Sachen. Ich möchte dort gehen.
16:39 - TimeWalker: I have heard, you can from this tree to the E-Monster world, right? In the e-Monster world there are funny things. I want to go there.

16:40 - Sanky: Ah, Gerfährlich! Hier kann nur ein Person allein durchfliegen.
16:41 - TimeWalker: Ah, dangerous! There can only one person fly through alone.

16:41 - Sanky: <Shigeki> geh allein! Geh allein, Ball zu holen!
16:41 - Sanky: <Miyo> Beh geunden
16:41 - TimeWalker: <Shigeki> go alone! go alone, to get ball!
16:42 - TimeWalker: <Miyo> Beh found (gefunden)?

16:41 - Sanky: <Miyo> Ah? Sehr setten sicher zu spielen! Kannst du auch Baseball spielen?
16:42 - TimeWalker: <Miyo> Ah? Very setten save to play! Can you also play Baseball?

16:43 - Sanky: kein Wunder, kein Wunder, Miyor, Ich bleibe immer in E-Monster-welt. Wenn du schade findest, Komm doch in die E-Monster-Welt. Ok,Wiedersehen.
16:43 - Sanky: <Shigeki> Idiot! Er ist nichts. Immer zu belästigen!
16:44 - TimeWalker: No wonder, no wonder, Miyor. I always stay in E-Monster World. If you find it bad, come to the e-Monster world. Ok, goodbye.
16:44 - TimeWalker: <Shigeki> Idiot! He's nothing. Always to bother!

16:48 - Sanky: <Shigeki> Wenn er schweigt, ist auch ein guter Kert, ok, such schenell den Ball.
16:48 - TimeWalker: <Shigeki> When he keeps silent, is also a good guy, ok, quickly search the ball.
In conclusion, it's a translation from the Engrish version. Translation Party!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Here is a reminder to myself in the form of a post to get a dumper or contact the guy who I know had one a few years ago.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

The translation progression of the bootlegs seems to be Chinese > English > European languages (Spanish/German etc.) as they're all based on each other in that order. It's funny how they're all bootlegs of each other.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I didn't think there could possibly be any translation worse than the Engrish versions... I guess I'm wrong. Seriously... E-Monster-welt? Unless monster is a German word... but if it isn't, then wow. Also, baseball was left untranslated too? Not to mention, the weird grammar still seems to exist in the German version (like the "only one man can fly over" line, which never made any sense).
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

When dialogue in bootlegs is repeatedly translated, it often gets worse rather than better, especially if the translators are poor, which is probably the case here ^^
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote:Seriously... E-Monster-welt? Unless monster is a German word... but if it isn't, then wow. Also, baseball was left untranslated too?.
Both of these words also exist in German. ;)