Diamond/Jade Chinese guidebook!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Diamond/Jade Chinese guidebook!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

No worries ^^

I'll try to keep an eye out for the guide but I think it may be possible that we're not going to be able to get a copy since it's sold out everywhere. At least we know it exists though.
Seike(imported)

Post by Seike(imported) »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:Another interesting find on Taobao, a Chinese Diamond/Jade guidebook that seems to be made specifically for the Chinese bootlegs: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3023953198

Now, not only is there a translated Chinese version of the Japanese Telefang 1 guide, but also a guide for the bootlegs too. Very strange.
I'm not too surprised considering you can but the bootleg in an average game store(back in 2000, not sure of now). Probably some people got stuck on parts so they requested it? A way to get more money.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

China and Taiwan publish a lot of bootleg guidebooks. They have a lot of Japanese import games as well, so there's a market for guides to help Chinese and Taiwanese players get through a game. Most of the guides are unofficial and not usually related to the companies that made the games.
Picrodus(imported)

Post by Picrodus(imported) »

I looked and it seems the book is back in stock now, but then again I can't read Chinese. Do you have this book already?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I don't have the book since it was sold out when I tried to buy it. Even though it shows it as being in stock, it is never updated when it is out of stock, so it's hard to tell whether they actually have it or not at any given time.