Downloadable Melo-D Findings

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
RacieB

Re: Downloadable Melo-D Findings

Post by RacieB »

This has been an ongoing project for me, but I'm pretty puzzled and seem to have hit a wall. In Telefang 2, most ringtones are actually version-dependent, as they're tied to each D-Shot model. There are, however, downloadable Melo-Ds which can be unlocked throughout the game and obtained via D-Mode (Internet.)

These too seem to be version-specific songs, named after various Denjuu, HOWEVER you can trade them over link connection! I've managed to find all the names and unlock methods for the D-Mode Melo-Ds in both versions.

[spoiler=Power]1. Doon
- Restore the Antenna Tree in Takedama Village
2. Mentalis
- Defeat Midori's father in Tokaribe Village
3. Penelope
- Defeat Kyou's father in Tokaribe Village
4. Bicolor
- Restore the Antenna Tree in Helchika Village
5. Rubricol
- Defeat either of the Smile Sisters in Takedama Cave, postgame
6. Demerus
- Defeat Yuu at Holy Land Iasuka, postgame
7. Etupirka
- Defeat Diablos in Holy Land Iasuka
8. Sparsa
- Defeat Sister in Tokaribe Village, postgame
9. Tectus
- Defeat Brother in Kiwatora Village, postgame[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Speed]1. Gyuun
- Restore the Antenna Tree in Takedama Village
2. Chigomozu
- Defeat Midori's father in Tokaribe Village (this is the song that plays during the vase game..!)
3. Auklet
- Defeat Kyou's father in Tokaribe Village
4. Alpina
- Restore the Antenna Tree in Helchika Village
5. Hermit
- Defeat either of the Smile Sisters in Takedama Cave, postgame
6. Tataupa
- Defeat Otome at Holy Land Iasuka, postgame
7. Serrata
- Defeat Diablos in Holy Land Iasuka
8. Cotta
- Defeat Sister in Tokaribe Village, postgame
9. Regulus
- Defeat Brother in Kiwatora Village, postgame
[/spoiler]
Now, here is my problem. In searching the rom for the song titles / some possible hint as to a code to auto-unlock the songs, I've found what is definitely the song list. Confusingly though, it's a list of 30 names! There are only 9 options per version, making 18 obtainable songs in all, so what are these extra titles? Unused? Can they be dug out in some way?

The internal song list (located at F7DC0-F7ED3 in Power and F7BC0-F7CD3 in Speed) is as follows:
[spoiler]None
Scrippa
Chapmani
Pewee
Mentalis
Parrlot
Serrator
Chigomozu
Auklet
Penelope
Alpina
Nebularia
Bicolor
Rubricol
Hermit
Ardea
Tataupa
Demerus
Seiran
Etupirka
Serrata
Cotta
Regulus
Sparsa
Rupicola
Tectus
Purpurea
Gyuun
Doon
Isuka
Diablos[/spoiler]Notice that they seem to be in no particular order, and quite a lot of secret Denjuu are included.

I've tried making two identical save files, trading songs between them, and then comparing the file differences, but found nothing helpful or informative whatsoever in the results. I'm gonna continue trying to unlock all of Speed's songs, but in the meantime, does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how to make sense of that list, or figuring out code to either force-unlock or swap songs?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Interesting, I never knew that some of the D-Melo tunes were gradually unlocked through game events. I never actually checked the D-Melo section much, so it's not surprising I missed something like this.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've just updated the lists, adding the unlock requirement for number 4 in Power, as well as the first four Speed songs. (I've also been adding them to the Ringtone article.) The last maingame song is 7, which I believe you get when you defeat Diablos (actually you know, I could check that in a moment as I have a Power save right before him...) yeah I watched the fight on Youtube, he gives you song 7 after his number.

Whenever you get one, it'll say something like "[D-Melo] 1 added to Downloads!" but it's easy to miss if you're button-mashing through dialogue =P