Need help on pokemon diamond telefang 1 bootleg

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Picrodus(imported)

Re: Need help on pokemon diamond telefang 1 bootleg

Post by Picrodus(imported) »

I was playing my telefang bootleg and I went from palan to Liz island. I talked to this person on Liz island then went back through the teleporter tree to pal an. Now I can't go back through and don't know what to do. Could someone please help?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I believe this is a common glitch in the Pokemon Diamond bootlegs. I'm not sure if there's any way to get around it, you may have to restart. Another member on this forum might know more. If the glitch shows up everytime you get to that point then it's possible your cartridge may be unplayable since it will do it each time you get to the same point. It's unfortunate that some of the bootlegs were badly programmed like this, they wouldn't be checked for quality since they're made by bootleggers.

EDIT: I found a post that Blaziken257 made about this glitch: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/single/?p=82220&t=515471
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Somebody emailed me recently asking if there were any GameShark codes to fix this, so I'd asked Blaziken and he provided one =)

Start with these codes active:
010704C9
013906C9
Then, without moving around or anything, save your game and reset with the codes off. It should put you just past the gate guards and you'll be able to use the tree.