Denjuu personality

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
zzc

Re: Denjuu personality

Post by zzc »

Other than repeatedly catching multiples of the same denjuu, is there any cheat to change the personality?

Most of the secret denjuu have horrible personality - like to try em for battling instead of just phonebook filler =)

Its great that this forum is alive.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

They definitely could be switched, I'll have to locate where it stores the Denjuu data for secret ones (iirc they're not in order with other Denjuu you recruit.) I'll see if I can't figure it out in the next few minutes =)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

If the data is in the A000-BFFF range in RAM like the other Denjuu are, that will make things difficult. Can the GameShark access RAM in this range? I've only seen it access C000-DFFF in RAM, but then again, maybe I simply haven't seen any cases where it accesses A000-BFFF. And is it possible to make it only access external RAM bank 2 (where the regular Denjuu are)? It'd be a bad thing if, for example, it modified data in RAM address A000 in bank 0 when the intention was to modify data in the same RAM address in bank 2. If that makes any sense...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I'm not sure, I tried fiddling with it a bunch yesterday and got some strange results (eg, entering one test code grouped both Crypto and Musa under Tsunonasu in my contacts, but their species wasn't actually changed when you looked at their status pages??? or another code that made every Denjuu into not-Kochia.. er.) I haven't found any codes yet to change their personalities, it may only be random Denjuu that you can do that with - event/secret ones are hard-coded so their data may be inaccessible?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

It's also worth noting that if you raise their FD high enough, it makes them much less likely to show the bad effects of their personality. (I forget how much, but it does make them much easier to use.)

Just make sure not to raise any Denjuu's FD above 100, which is possible in phone conversations... If you do that it loops around to thinking that they have super-low FD and they'll misbehave all the time. >_<
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Oh hey that's a thing... maybe I could just snag a code that makes their FD 100? xD
zzc

Post by zzc »

Not sure if this would be helpful from datacrystal rom map

1D7928-1D7987 (00060) = Denjuu Personality

(Each personality has an 8-character limit.)

013C0D-013C44 (0038) = Data of secret Denjuu

Each Denjuu here has 4 bytes of data:

The species (added by 1)
Level
FD
Personality

Assembly code

0702A1-070302 = Decides personality of the wild Denjuu
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Sort of but wild ones are randomized so they're easier to mess with than the hard-coded event ones.
zzc

Post by zzc »

Halloa, any progress on this?

1D7928-1D7987 (00060) = Denjuu Personality

Using the text list from data crystal yields;

Relaxed (のんびり) = 50 63 97 28

1D7928 = ヘヅリ - this does not match any of the 12 personalities.