Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

erm,can anyone help me?,as seen in the picture,everytime i call a denjuu,this code will show up in every patch i make,if yours is working,is it ok for you to post your prepatched rom here please? thanks alot,every rom i patched gives me the same results
Merc

Post by Merc »

Calls aren't 100% translated yet. That's a placeholder.
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

AH,thanks so much,it really helped :D
TheAce93(imported)

Post by TheAce93(imported) »

Hey guys, I literally only joined this forum to ask this question, so I hope someone can help me.

I'm playing Keitai Denjū Telefang (Power Version) with the latest English translation patch from Wikifang (Patch v.106)

I've reached Kurinon Village, I'm currently in the cave/dungeon, I've saved before the battle with some guy who has a 'Rodanthe' (the monster that looks like a tornado) After the battle when it asks if I want to save the phone number, I get a seemingly endless wall of text to cycle through, a bunch of letters and numbers, utter nonsense.

I tried spamming 'A' to get through it and eventually it let me back into the game overworld. Only for the same thing to happen again when it came to beating the next guy and his 'Noriwuts', except this never ending text box never did end, it just kept generating jumbled up letters and numbers. I gave up after 10 minutes of hammering away at the 'A' button.

How do I solve this problem? A couple of NPCs don't seem to stop talking either, the text box glitches are becoming a real problem for me. Text messages are also showing up as really sparse and as if some text is missing.

How do I fix this?

I'm patched using an original Japanese rom.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

The garbled text you're encountering isn't a glitch, it's just a placeholder for the English text until it's added to the game. Not all of the dialogue has been added to the game yet, so the numbers and text were put there on purpose. You've most likely reached the point where the work on the translation has been done up to. You'll either need to update your patch to the latest one or wait until a new patch with more of the translated dialogue is put out.

Hope that helped!
TheAce93(imported)

But surely it would make more sense to just leave the untranslated text Japanese instead of inserting infinite walls of nonsense? I'm stuck at this point very early in the game because the text box won't disappear. I don't want to go back to playing in Japanese because I won't know what to do and stuff. Like I said, I have the latest version (106) of the patch installed, I find it pretty hard to believe that in over a hundred patches there has only been this much of the game translated.

:(
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:After the battle when it asks if I want to save the phone number, I get a seemingly endless wall of text to cycle through, a bunch of letters and numbers, utter nonsense.
I just tested real quick and had no issues after getting Rodanthe :( Which emulator are you using? Where did you get the ROM? How did you apply the patch?
wrote:I'm playing Keitai Denjū Telefang (Power Version) with the latest English translation patch from Wikifang (Patch v.106)
The latest patch is v105!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

TheAce93 wrote:But surely it would make more sense to just leave the untranslated text Japanese instead of inserting infinite walls of nonsense? I'm stuck at this point very early in the game because the text box won't disappear. I don't want to go back to playing in Japanese because I won't know what to do and stuff. Like I said, I have the latest version (106) of the patch installed, I find it pretty hard to believe that in over a hundred patches there has only been this much of the game translated.

:(
The walls of glitch aren't placeholders, that's something else (bad pointers from text being moved around, I think.) I've encountered those in older patch versions before, but not newer ones, and they were all part of postgame dialogue so I'm not sure where your particular problem is coming from but I do know what you're talking about :s I managed to actually go through all of Noriutsugi's (I remember it being a Nori too in one case) blank boxes by holding the spacebar (speeding VBA up to ridiculous levels) and jamming A for a bit.

As for patch numbers - if you look at the changelog it will tell you what was added in each version, and the majority of them are coding rather than script stuff. The biggest hurdles have been stuff like getting the font to work properly in each part of the game, displaying Denjuu names at their correct length, etc. Re: the actual text translation, it's relatively easy to insert the new script but we only have one busy translator and a lot of dialogue to go through.

You can see all of the currently translated text here: http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch/Text_dump
TheAce93(imported)

Genius!

I'm playing on my Google Nexus 7 tablet, which doesn't have a speed up feature on the emulator, so I didn't even think of that!
It was a simple case of transferring my save to my PC, then speeding through the text, saving the game, and transferring the save back to my tablet!

I'm now able to progress, thanks a lot! :)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Hey, uhh, I'd still like to know what's causing it, since it sounds kind of alarming. Can you let me know where did you get the patch and how did you apply it? I haven't been able to reproduce the glitch.