Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
TheAce93(imported)

Post by TheAce93(imported) »

You were right, it was 105 not 106, I was mistaken.

The glitch happened in the cave in Kurinon Village, after the battle with the Rodanthe, there was a massive long text box to cycle through with a bunch of letters and numbers. I eventually got past it after hammering away at the A button.. only for it to happen again after the battle with Noriwuts, this text box was even bigger and took even longer to get through, even when I had the emulator on super speed.

The emulator I was using is TGB Dual, I downloaded the patch from here:

http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch

I've reached Ion Island now, and it seems that this is as far as the translation has gone, as all creatures and monsters now speak in numbers and symbols, like '//X066//', which I assume are the placeholder text boxes I've read about. It was fun but I don't think I can continue! This game is confusing enough without having no help from NPC dialogue :(

Forgot to mention: I applied the patch by clicking on the patch file, then selecting the Keitai Denjuu Telefang Power Version (Japan) rom. A box popped up after stating that the patch had been applied successfully. I had already started a save file before applying the patch, so I continued on from where I was (I had saved just before the battle with Rodanthe), straight away this is where I first encountered the glitch.

Hope this helps!
Merc

Post by Merc »

TheAce93 wrote:Forgot to mention: I applied the patch by clicking on the patch file, then selecting the Keitai Denjuu Telefang Power Version (Japan) rom. A box popped up after stating that the patch had been applied successfully. I had already started a save file before applying the patch, so I continued on from where I was (I had saved just before the battle with Rodanthe), straight away this is where I first encountered the glitch.

Hope this helps!
I tried replicating your garbled text problem (I started a new game with an unpatched rom, played until the rhodanthe battle, saved then patched)
I managed to replicate it with some success, although mine didn't show garbled text but instead just displayed a seemingly endless blank text box after "Got Rhodanthe"

Picture:
Spoiler!
Seems this only happens when you load a save from an unpatched game. Starting a new game would probably fix this.
TheAce93(imported)

Post by TheAce93(imported) »

That's a shame, I don't really want to play the game right from the beginning after progressing to Ion Island.

Am I correct in saying that this is a far as the translation has been completed? All of the monsters on the Island don't speak with words now, just numbers and symbols.

Thanks for going through so much trouble to find the root of the problem, I appreciate it!
Riyu(imported)

Post by Riyu(imported) »

Are people still working on this? I don't mind volunteering for translation if that's the case. Would love it if more people would be able to play the game like it's intended to!
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

erm,may i know if people are still working on this? :P,i love this game,but i need to play with full translation,oh ya! is there a better translation for keitai denjuu telefang 2? O>O
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

Hiya!
Translations are still worked on, more or less. Just the freetime is limited but it hasn't been stopped.

There are currently no works for the Telefang 2 translation. Already busy with Telefang 1! :P
So yeah, you can for now only play with the translations of the bootleg version.
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

OK :D
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

Yes, free time is very limited when you have a Job and attend High School/College.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Patch version 107!
http://sanky.rustedlogic.net/etc/tfpatchv107.ips

Contains all the recent translations by Kimbles (Ion Island, beginning of Paparuna, and other corrections), done with a brand new inserter which should NOT cause line wrapping and cutoff issues any more! Yay!
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

I have strange freezee after plot on Desert. After I've enter to Antena Tree.