Pokémon X and Y

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Merc

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Merc »

Most likely a held item or something, like Giratina. I wouldn't be surprised if they've thought of some new method though, I mean it is Mewtwo after all...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I remember them making somewhat of a deal about Zorua's evolution method being unknown, and I was hoping it'd be something interesting... lol nope it's lv30 Dx

I'm betting Sylveon is Normal-type, I think they hinted at that? I wanna say, paraphrased, it was something like "could it and Eevee share types" only not so obvious a statement. I'm guessing its evolution will be some modification of friendship-based, I think something like connections between humans and Pokémon was mentioned to be a focus.

What would be cooler is if they do DNA evo/form stuff like has been hinted at by the titles (lol lab evos), it would make sense wrt Mewcube at least.

Anyway I'm just so disappointed that the giant web in the trailer hasn't been explained yet u_u I don't care about legendary formes, dammit, I care about new Bug-types.
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

The guesses for Sylveon's type I've heard are Normal, Dragon, Light and more obscurely obscurely, Flying or Bug

It can be ruled out as Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic and Dark (though thats self explanitory)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Claims keep floating around that it's a Fairy-type, this just got "leaked" as well by some site or another (too lazy to look up which at the moment.) Personally I wouldn't mind Fairy as a theoretical type (it's already an Egg group anyway) but I can't imagine how they could introduce a new type at this point and avoid even more horrible imbalance - to even match Ghost's current number, they'd have to introduce/retcon 27 new-type Pokémon.

I really think and hope that Sylveon is Normal, myself.
Merc

Post by Merc »

Merc wrote:Many believe they've kept the type of Sylveon hidden because it's a new type. I've seen so many stupid ideas such as "love type" because of the ribbons.

Personally I think it's just a normal type that evolves through some new method yet to be revealed.
Suppose now I have to eat my words. At least the type actually has a purpose by balancing out dragons, and Fairy sounds so much better than something really dumb like "Love" type.

A good decision in my opinion.
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

So... did anyone already preorder or decide which version/versions they're getting?
I already preordered X.
Etsura(imported)

Post by Etsura(imported) »

I still don't know which one I'll get. I want to know more about the differences... Though I'm leaning towards X. (Yay for antlers~ \o/)
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

I guess I'm going to get Y. I'm also actively reading the news! :P (Only 18 more days :D)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

lol I was wrong about Sylveon :P Haven't been disappointed in Fairy-type though. Now I'm just desperately hoping the newest leaks are true, because that would mean GHOST SPIDER.
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

Fairy is sure a nice, balancing type. But I don't like the fact that they edited the type chart besides that! Dark and Ghost are now no longer not very effective against Steel! What, GameFreak? Are you kidding me? D: