Re: Telefang 2 Power - Full English Translation!

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

can anyone please give me the ips file to the 100% patch? i downloaded the ips but they said ''not an ips''
can anyone please give me the ips file to the 100% patch? i downloaded the ips but they said ''not an ips''
Jdbye(imported)

Post by Jdbye(imported) »

getspawned wrote:can anyone please give me the ips file to the 100% patch? i downloaded the ips but they said ''not an ips''
Sorry I took a while to respond. Been on vacation for a few weeks (still am)
The patch linked should work correctly, are you sure it wasn't corrupted during download? Try redownloading it.
If that doesn't help try using Lunar IPS to patch, as that's what I'm using and I've had no problems.
Edit: Make sure you click the link instead of right clicking and saving as. I'm not sure if GitHub lets you do that.
Brolinator(imported)

Post by Brolinator(imported) »

I've been trying this out on gameboid on android, and it seems to freeze or glitch at random points making the game pretty hard to play. Any suggestions?
Jdbye(imported)

Brolinator wrote:I've been trying this out on gameboid on android, and it seems to freeze or glitch at random points making the game pretty hard to play. Any suggestions?
What sort of glitches?
I haven't tried it in Gameboid so it might just be an issue with that emulator, I haven't had any glitches or crashes myself.
Make sure you're patching a clean Power ROM, as you could be using a bad dump. Try downloading it somewhere else and repatching.
Jdbye(imported)

I'm depressed at the kind of popularity this has been getting. I hoped my patch would get the series more popularity, but I guess not :(
I really hope it gets more popular along the road though. I seriously think these series need more users but I can't think of anyone who would be interested enough :(
It's sad.
SonicZ16(imported)

Post by SonicZ16(imported) »

Jdbye wrote:I'm depressed at the kind of popularity this has been getting. I hoped my patch would get the series more popularity, but I guess not :(
Even if it's just one guy's opinion, your (and possibly others) hard work wasn't wasted! If you didn't know, I write a Telefang fanfiction, and I must say, this'll help tremendously with it! I WAS playing this other translation (that only translated like, half of the opening scene) and I was clueless as to what was happening!

I haven't tried it yet, but I assure you, I will!

(Also another thing I noticed, is that the dialog font used in the screenshots looks veeeery similar to the Final Fantasy 1+2 Dawn of Souls font. But that could just be my 3DS's screen.)

Anyway, I'm grateful for everyone's hard work on this, I really appreciate it!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Like I said before, I still plan on LPing it when I've got some time to set it up.
Jdbye(imported)

SonicZ16 wrote:
Jdbye wrote:I'm depressed at the kind of popularity this has been getting. I hoped my patch would get the series more popularity, but I guess not :(
Even if it's just one guy's opinion, your (and possibly others) hard work wasn't wasted! If you didn't know, I write a Telefang fanfiction, and I must say, this'll help tremendously with it! I WAS playing this other translation (that only translated like, half of the opening scene) and I was clueless as to what was happening!

I haven't tried it yet, but I assure you, I will!

(Also another thing I noticed, is that the dialog font used in the screenshots looks veeeery similar to the Final Fantasy 1+2 Dawn of Souls font. But that could just be my 3DS's screen.)

Anyway, I'm grateful for everyone's hard work on this, I really appreciate it!
I think it was actually loosely based on that font. But thanks for your kind words :)
Dan Marino(imported)

Post by Dan Marino(imported) »

Amazing job! I'm going to have a look at it first chance I get.

Speaking of Telefang 2, has there been any other Engrish carts showing up recently? I know someone around here had one but despite my searching that's more or less the only one I've been able to locate. Just curious, I'd like to get my hands on a hard copy of one if possible... but it seems pretty impossible.
Curryboy(imported)

Post by Curryboy(imported) »

Hallelujah! I've waited for a day like this. Now I won't have to play it in confusion or frustration of not being able to understand the text in the Japanese version. Thanks.