Minako Adachi - Telefang 2 Composer

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Minako Adachi - Telefang 2 Composer

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I found something interesting on the Japanese Wikipedia:

Click here for Google translated Wikipedia article x3

Apparently, Minako Adachi composed the music for Telefang 2 (or at least some of it) and also composed some sound effects for Pokemon Black and White as well. It's a small thing, but it's an interesting bit of trivia if anyone wanted to know.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Ooh, it looks like they did the music for the Riviera and Yggdra Union too? XD That's awesome, Riviera had some of the best music on the Wonderswan IMO. :D Good to know they're still doing stuff.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Hmmm, I didn't know he did sound effects for Pokémon Black and White. I guess I should pay more attention to the credits next time I beat the Elite Four in Black... heh.

Also, did he seriously compose the music for those Zelda Oracle games? I was actually appalled by most of the music in those games (for starters, most of the songs, particularly in dungeons, loop like every 10 seconds or so), so I'm surprised that this music was composed by the same person who composed Telefang 2's music. Oh well. I'll still love Telefang 2's music no matter what :P
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Riviera was on WS? I played a bit of the GBA one and quite like the music (the game, not so much...)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

They composed for the Oracle of Seasons/Ages games? I'm really surprised I didn't notice that... xD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Haha, I was reminded of this thread cause my husband's been playing Oracle of Seasons lately and the music was really reminding me of T2 :3
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Oracle of Seasons has some great music, I can still remember it in my head clearly ^^

Also, i'm glad the composer for T2 managed to keep the Telefang style with the music. You can tell it's different to T1 but it still feels/sounds like Telefang music, and it's upbeat and energetic like the first. Somehow it feels almost more techno-y in some parts? Some of the pieces have this sort of Telephone-esque ring sound to them i've noticed, which is pretty clever in keeping with theme of phone battles and such.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I realize this thread is old... but I beat Pokémon X some time ago, and when looking at the credits, I noticed that Minako Adachi is one of the four composers in that game. A video can be found here -- pay attention at around 15:00 or so. I guess this isn't totally surprising, as he worked on Black and White as well... but at the same time, the music doesn't really remind me of Telefang 2. I'm curious as to which songs he worked on. Does anybody happen to know?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

*she :P Her IMDB page seems to indicate she worked on music/sound for the Pokémon anime too, that's pretty cool - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2524703/