Denjuu names in other languages

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
adnos(imported)

Re: Denjuu names in other languages

Post by adnos(imported) »

I was randomly browsing through a list of Denjuu names from Telefang 1 today, and noticed something interesting with some of the names.

no. 36, Firekokko... "kokko" literally means a bonfire in finnish, so that might be where they got the name from.

107. Noriotsugi and its evolutions... "horo" means a "whore" in finnish, so that makes Badhoro a...

48. Musa is the word for "music" in finnish.

Loving the games by the way, I just rediscovered Pokemon Diamond after playing it like ten years ago, ahhh the memories xD
airshuffler(imported)

Post by airshuffler(imported) »

That Badhoro thing is very funny xD
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

hehe.... This thread give me a strange Idea. That I've try making more Popular Keitai Denjuu Telefang 1 & 2 in Poland. Meybe I should give them special names which is known only in Poland? And later if I found an method of translating <Meybe English Patch creator told me how they changed text> I make Polish version of Keitai Denjuu Telefang. But I think that good name is KOMÓRKOWE BESTIE - TELEBITWA! <Mean MOBILE PHONE BEASTS - TELEFIGHT>
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, the English patch is being made in a way that it should be easy for other language scripts to be swapped in, I think special accent characters are being added and stuff too. =) Also that is a really cool name!

Thank you Racieb. For special POLISH name of Denjuu. I try make own names known only in Poland. What you think. Is good to give special names for Polish translation or keep oryginal Japanese. For some Denjuu i figure own names.

Crypto - Herbon (From meaning of English HERB... I think that Polish mean of Herb <ZIOŁA> is so strange)
Monstera - Robanu (Some parts from Polish word ROBAK means Worm)
Doomday - Diabron (From polish word Diabeł mean DEVIL)
Mantea - Octo
Cryptoride - Herbosun (Herb mixed with Sun)
Cryptoburn - Herbember (Herb mixed with Ember)
Cryptoarm - Herbytank
Cryptosnipe - Herbygun
Cryptoknight - Herbysword
Tsunonasu - Stellback (Strange name but looking as dex entry of Tsunonasu we seen that he have hard head like a stell. From that his name)
Gilearth - Stellarmor (I did with this name something like name of Shieldon. First part of pre-evolution with armour fusion.)
Gilgiearth - Stellarme
Gigagigerth - Stellargon (Strange to name earth creature with end means that is dragon. But for me it look like dragon (I KNOW. A LOT OF POKEMON XD)
Ixora - Stahito (Star from starfish and hito from begining of Japanese name of Hitodeight)
Hitodeight - Stardeight (Begining like in Starhito, but ending keep from oryginal name)
Ganraikou - Sandchick (Why Sandchick? For first it looks like chick. And Sand becouse we meet him in the land of sand XD)
Cortos - Sandhen
Firekoko - Burstken (I know that name little similar BLAZIKEN. But for me is good name for that Denjuu)

For this is all Polish name of Denjuu. What are you think about it? Or you want to keep oryginal names and only change text to Polish?
Please coments.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It's your translation so it's up to you what to do with the names, most of them are originally Latin or Japanese names of plants (each Denjuu's Wikifang page has a name section that says what it's based on and usually has a link to the wikipedia page for that plant.) It would be good to keep them the same for consistency's sake, but then some of them might be hard to pronounce in Polish? Maybe you could go with Polish common names for some plants to keep the themes?

Some Plants? So. For Crypto in Poland is MIŁORZĘB. How are you compare MIŁORZĘB <From name orygin of Crypto> In good name for Denjuu?

Typical polish plant names is hard to give as Denjuu name or somewhat change. It sound werid denjuu named Miłoragi. (Mixed words Miłorzęb and Szparagi)