Re: Unused Denjuu?

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

Hi. I make small experiment with WILD ENCOUNTER DENJUU cheat. And by puting code C8 <C7 is Diablos natural-2>}
I've seen this.
That mean is in game was unused Denjuu? That do not resamble any known in KTD2 denjuu.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Actually, I have seen that before when looking at sprites, it is a garbled and enlarged version of Pewee's natural evo:

Why it's in the game like that though, I don't know. I think there were some other similarly messed up copies of Denjuu sprites, I have no idea what they may have been used for though.

Some Codes on CODEBREAKER cheat have strange effects. Mountains covered by denjuu, blank sprite <Like MissingNo. in Pokemon Pearl> Or even Kyo sprite.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Welp, Sanky was able to rip all the graphics yesterday so I pored over them and found that there are no extra Denjuu sprites.

However, there are some extra T-Fanger sprites! There are front sprites for Kyou (these could have been used for link cable battles but strangely they aren't, and in the normal game you only ever see him from the back or running away from battle), front sprites for Matsukiyo, and front sprites for Mossan (the guy wearing purple who lives in the tent.) There are also 13 extra placeholder copies of Midori's sprites.

Sadly there is no sign whatsoever of Shigeki (or Miyo for that matter), so we can put that rumor to rest u_u

I found the palettes for those extra T-Fangers, so here they are edited as they would appear ingame:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nice. So that KYO and Matsukiyo in real palletes is needed for my hack. Thank you. I can now put Kyo in the plot also with battle with Matsukiyo. About Shigeki. I found project that someone make Front and Back sprites of Shigeki in T2 style. So badly named MR.MU i can not take for my hack XD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, with all the placeholders, potentially someone could hack more T-Fangers in if they figured out how to implement them :P

Or add all old Denjuu to the rom. Code end at C7. Looking for it like in Pokemon Crystal code. Which end on FF we have a lot of place to add new Denjuu. But all which we need is found a method to implement them. That would be wonderfull to seen known Denjuu from T1. I know that was limited. Looking for similar code like in Pokemon Crystal <So I mean by cheat> In there <If found method> WIthout derastical changes could be possible add extra 55 denjuu. So Crypto could be returned. XD
Suprise for me is the fact. That Corupted Denjuu do not mess at the game after obtain their number <Which is extremly hard by glitch types which is name of items>. Also you said that is 13 placeholders on T-Fanger sprites. Meybe by resizing of rom and found method we can bring back the Shigeki to the T2 as an Adult and also we can add Female Character? <I know that is similar to Pokemon Series. But it was looking great>
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I found no placeholders for Denjuu sprites, they go through all the known T2 Denjuu and end with the sprites used for unseen and secret Denjuu. Plus, any Denjuu added requires four battle sprites, a mini dex sprite, and 9 walksprites :s I mean, it might be possible to insert some but it wouldn't be with an overwrite of unused spots like potential new T-Fangers would use.

So basicaly it would need repoint of DENJUU TABLE. I wonder that one day This
Image or This Image
Can be possible. Somewhere I found Shigeki sprites for T2.
This Shigeki was made by Zapchu25. Is so oversized. But i can remade them for GBA needs. <Especialy Front Sprite>
I Remade those sprites for taking much of colours which Shigeki Have.
I take them from Oficial Artwork of Shigeki. I hope you like it XD
Helmet Colours was taked from KYO's hairs.
And is not oversized as well... One sprite is on 40x80 size. Even it fit on Pokemon Ruby standards. <64x64>
Under is prove <Screen from ADVANCED POKEMON SPRITE EDITOR (also good for Trainer Editions)>
First color is allways transparent colour.