Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Crocodile91 wrote:New bug found (within the same .sav file above), the text messages seem to be incorrectely formatted:
Image Image
I'm pretty sure that happens with literally every text message in the current patch. I assumed that had something to do with the cutoff issues mentioned in the "known bugs" page on the wiki, so I didn't bring it up in my initial post.

But yeah, the text messages don't work properly and should be fixed at some point.
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

I know a good GB coder who might be able to help singlehandedly finish this in a few months or less (He fixed nearly every Pokémon Red/Blue glitch and retranslated large chunks of the game). He's currently finishing up a project so I'll ask him later.
thundaraga(imported)

Post by thundaraga(imported) »

Hello so is the patch still ongoing?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Snugglefox wrote:I know a good GB coder who might be able to help singlehandedly finish this in a few months or less (He fixed nearly every Pokémon Red/Blue glitch and retranslated large chunks of the game). He's currently finishing up a project so I'll ask him later.
We don't really need any more coders. If the translation starts moving again, I'll pick the patch up in a heartbeat and finish any necessary coding; there isn't much of it left. They're still welcome to stop by IRC, though.

As for translations, Kimbles likely doesn't have much time nowadays to work on a project like this, so we might need a new translator eventually. However, I would really like for any new translator to be approved by her.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

I'd help, but you know how oh so little time I have to even work on the second one. Translators highly appreciated.
Imaynotbehere4long

Sanky wrote:As for translations, Kimbles likely doesn't have much time nowadays to work on a project like this,
Has anyone even heard from Kimbles recently? The "likely" implies that you're guessing, so unless we get word from Kimbles, we don't know for certain (hey, I can hope, can't I?).
wrote: so we might need a new translator eventually. However, I would really like for any new translator to be approved by her.
If we do need another translator for this, why don't we get RacieB to finish it? He/she is already a member here and has proven himself/herself with the manga translation.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Well, RacieB, she did the editing and text insertion. =)
I'm the one who translated the manga. And the answer to why I can't right now is in my last post. u_u

As for Kimbles, she's on IRC regularly so we can basically ask and know any time. (I haven't been on IRC for over a month now to focus on my own busy schedule, but that's how the situation was back then at least.)

Maybe I'll talk to Kimbles and prioritize work on T1 once I'm ready to get to translating again. (Though I feel like T2 is kind of like "my baby" xD )
Imaynotbehere4long

DaVince wrote:Well, RacieB, she did the editing and text insertion. =)
I'm the one who translated the manga.
But...but...
RacieB wrote:I'm trying my hand at translating it now.
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/single/?p=81261&t=515383

Admittedly, there's a post not long after that explaining RacieB's translation method (use all the auto-translators, then guess), but I had forgotten about that when I made my last post, and I can see how that isn't an optimal way to translate a game (Startling Odyssey 2 is a good example).

Oh well. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting, but hey, I've waited this long; I can wait another year or so.
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

I can't wait for this to be finished, I'm gonna get the ROMs in my telefang carts replaced with flash memory and have the translation burned on when it's done.
If it doesn't mess up link cable communication, I might try changing the ROM headers to say it's Pokémon Gold aswell so I can boot it up on GB Tower in color mode with the SGB boarder.
Imaynotbehere4long

I know I'm late, but happy anniversary to the latest patch, 108!