Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

Hi all
oh for the

VS
トレード
D-メロてんそう

=

VS
Trade
D-Melo Transfer (Probably transferring of character data?)

Hope this helped :D
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

D-Melo (aka Melo-D) are the ringtones you can make on the phone. It's the function for trading them =)
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

~Note: any mention of "basic translation" means the translated text still needs to be translation checked and edited.~

June 27 Progress update

I realized today that I can do just a few lines at any given moment quite easily, so I started doing some lines.
Did a basic translation for ten lines or so for this text dump.
The translation is currently only available in a privately shared document among the team. (PM/IRC me if you're a team member and want the link.)

My plan is to finish these translations first, then find someone (Kimbles?) who could go over them and give it a translation check. And then I want to start working on other text, like perhaps the plot.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

By the way please don't release new patches for a few days I have an announcement to make I just haven't been able to focus on it because school grr.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

wrote:encourage more activity on the forum
Honestly, more communication right here on these forums is not a bad idea at all, and I'm completely supporting it. Considering how fleeting IRC can be, I've actually started making use of the forums more for communication. I just hope other members might do so again in the future, too. :P

(Mini translation progress update: did 20 more lines, making nice progress when it comes to the Experience Items text)
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

So, if you're looking for weekly activity reports, I don't have that, but I did start screen recording some of my disassembly work on my personal blog. It's kind of boring though, since I didn't edit down much of this at all. If we really wanted to, I could make some more professional-looking official project update videos as well, though I would argue they'd be best as monthly videos given the rate at which people have time to work on the project.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Hey, that's pretty neat!

As far as I'm concerned, put as much effort into progress updates as you feel like. What's important is that the progress is made visible. Makes it clear to not just people interested in the hack, but also everyone involved. Personally I'm just gonna do a (semi-)weekly little text post on how many lines have been translated and where.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I've created a bit of a diff patch, it mangles the link buttons.

Now I know what you are all thinking, best idea ever right? Who wouldn't want to maul perfectly good buttons? But the reason for this is to rearrange the tiles so that they can be replaced with English variants without having a giant gaping hole in the middle of the "trade" button.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3dbshuyrvsp33a5/linkbuttonmangler.zip

This is more so that I don't forget that I've done all this (and where I put it) when Sanky gives the okay to finally start producing patches again.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Ooh, thanks! I really liked the buttons I'd made but the silly mapping was annoying xD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I may have redesigned the Melo-D button while I was there: