Telefang & Yo-Kai Watch

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Superjustinbros(imported)

Re: Telefang & Yo-Kai Watch

Post by Superjustinbros(imported) »

So I'm sure a few of you have heard of Level 5's popular "Mon" series Yo-kai Watch, especially since Nintendo was advertising the heck out of it early last November when the first game launched in the States. Since then I've been seeing people comparing the heck out of it to Pokemon (including some saying it surpasses Pokemon) even with the vast differences in gameplay with you serving only as a team manager instead of assuming direct control over your characters.

Truth be told, I feel like it has more similarities to Telefang than Pokemon, mostly in the way you befriend more creatures instead of capturing them ala Pokémon, and the Yo-Kai giving you medals to summon them being like how Denjuu give you their numbers to call them.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

The wheel spinning in the battle system reminds me of Jade Cocoon 2 tbh.
GoldenPower(imported)

Post by GoldenPower(imported) »

There´s also a tree in Yo-kai watch: The Sacred Tree, which allows the player to go to the Yo-kai World, the same as the Antenna Trees, which allows the player to go from the human world to the denjuu world (Especially in Telefang 2)