Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

This is still open for use though:
[denjuu] used
[attack]!

Top row: 8-13 characters
Bottom row: 4-9 characters

EDIT: I posted this before Kid Sonic made his edit btw.

I've noticed that there are holes in the wiki where some denjuu names should be. How long until we have the full list?
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote: I've noticed that there are holes in the wiki where some denjuu names should be. How long until we have the full list?
Kimbles is supposedly translating their names... and those holes are those which names are not confirmed.

Anyway I like how this is going! Yay!
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

And one more thing,

Where did they get the name "Icecream"?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I think that [Denjuu] used [Attack]! may have to do, even if it sounds too similar to Pokémon. I'll use that for now, I guess...

Also, before I upload the new version of this patch, does anybody know what the Japanese text on the bottom left of the screen says when you're in a building? It looks like kanji followed by two kana.

One more thing: When playing this on a monochrome Game Boy (or Super Game Boy), the phone still has Japanese characters when entering your name, or nicknaming a Denjuu. It seems that when you play on a Game Boy, it uses tiles from $1E4000-$1E7FFF, and when you play on a Game Boy Color (or Game Boy Advance), it uses tiles from $1EC000-$1EFFFF. Which are almost the same thing, but the text boxes are darker. Weird. Speaking of those buttons, is it OK if I change them a bit so that the letters are more lined up? (Also, some of the outlines are missing in the patch...)
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, feel free to change anything, it can always be fixed later. ^^;

The japanese text inside buildings is actually two kanji, and they basically say "out of range". "No reception" would probably also work. XD I'll leave it up to you to find a way to shorten it...
Kid Sonic(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: I think that [Denjuu] used [Attack]! may have to do, even if it sounds too similar to Pokémon. I'll use that for now, I guess...

Also, before I upload the new version of this patch, does anybody know what the Japanese text on the bottom left of the screen says when you're in a building? It looks like kanji followed by two kana.

One more thing: When playing this on a monochrome Game Boy (or Super Game Boy), the phone still has Japanese characters when entering your name, or nicknaming a Denjuu. It seems that when you play on a Game Boy, it uses tiles from $1E4000-$1E7FFF, and when you play on a Game Boy Color (or Game Boy Advance), it uses tiles from $1EC000-$1EFFFF. Which are almost the same thing, but the text boxes are darker. Weird. Speaking of those buttons, is it OK if I change them a bit so that the letters are more lined up? (Also, some of the outlines are missing in the patch...)
Why shouldn't it sound similar?
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

Kid Sonic wrote:Why shouldn't it sound similar?
Because we're making an effort to differentiate it from Pokémon. Telefang and Pokémon are not the same thing, and linking them only brings to mind the horrible bootleg that made everybody hate the game. :/

It's fine that you're a Pokémon fan, but if you want to play a Pokémon game, why not play, say, Pokémon? Telefang is a different game and much better as plain Telefang. We don't want to make it any more like Pokémon than it already is.

This is a reply in general to your attitude on the boards, not just this. I think other people would agree with me...
Kid Sonic(imported)

DeKaFu wrote:
Kid Sonic wrote:Why shouldn't it sound similar?
Because we're making an effort to differentiate it from Pokémon. Telefang and Pokémon are not the same thing, and linking them only brings to mind the horrible bootleg that made everybody hate the game. :/

It's fine that you're a Pokémon fan, but if you want to play a Pokémon game, why not play, say, Pokémon? Telefang is a different game and much better as plain Telefang. We don't want to make it any more like Pokémon than it already is.

This is a reply in general to your attitude on the boards, not just this. I think other people would agree with me...
Now you're starting to steam me. You even have a self-assured attitude that people would agree with you.

If it wasn't for Pokemon, this forum would exist! This whole FANDOM wouldn't exist!

And i'm going to bring Telefang closer to Pokemon (the correct way), come hell or high water!

Sorry about that, but I had to blow off some steam. You shouldn't provoke people like that. I mean, we're friends here. And there's enough Telefang-bashers as it is, so we have to ban together.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles,Aug 30 2008 wrote: Yeah, feel free to change anything, it can always be fixed later. ^^;

The japanese text inside buildings is actually two kanji, and they basically say "out of range". "No reception" would probably also work. XD I'll leave it up to you to find a way to shorten it...

Done.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

andwhyisit wrote:
Kimbles wrote: Yeah, feel free to change anything, it can always be fixed later. ^^;

Done.
Your image is 32x16 in size, which is too long. It needs to be 24x16. Even if I strip off the lines on the left (which you don't even need), it's still too long. So, I need one with the proper size...

Though, since this makes it even harder to scrunch up the text, you could probably use an image to signify "No signal" instead. Like a crossed out phone, or just the reception bar with no bars.

EDIT: Here's one I whipped up.