Bugsite Map Rips

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of other Smilesoft/Rocket games here.
FailureBiWinning

Re: Bugsite Map Rips

Post by FailureBiWinning »

Hey; I figured if there was something I could contribute to the Bugsite part of the wiki, it would have to be maps of the areas you visit. That said, I've taken the liberty of ripping maps of all four Safari Zones (and the Techno Zone) and compressed them into a RAR file (the images themselves are in PNG format).

Note that these maps were assembled through screenshots taken via Visual Boy Advance emulator; so some of the maps might not look quite right.

(I hope this is the right place to post this; if not, please move this to the proper forums.)
Simple sprite editor - sometimes I do not-so-simple edits.

:jank: :ghostfree: :p01:
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've uploaded them all to Wikifang and credited you =)
FailureBiWinning

Due to a complete act of idiocy, I've overlooked an easily fixable palette mistake in the Sealand and Technoland Safari Zone maps. That said, I've fixed those and RAR'd them. Hopefully all these maps will be useful when pages for the areas are made on the wiki.

Also; if I ever get around to ripping anymore maps, you'll find them here.

RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've replaced them with the fixed versions~
FailureBiWinning

I've ripped all three Site Gates as well (Amiland and Airland have identical Gates for some reason). These maps are probably the smallest I've ripped from the game thus far... and I kinda have my doubts that they'll be of much use in comparison to the larger maps; but it's still worth looking into, right?

Edit: Added "Network_Adventure_Bugsite_Rips_3.rar" to attachments. This one only has two maps: The Devil's Gate and the Sealand Resort Area

Addendum: Crap, I was so focused on getting accurate map rips that I didn't even pay attention to the names of the areas. Technoland is actually called Energyland (whoops).

Edit 2: Added "Network_Adventure_Bugsite_Rips_4.rar" to attachments. This one has two of the largest maps I ripped so far (you can say I ripped this game a new one): Amiland Main Area and Airland Main Area. Now that I think about it; I could start making my own custom Bugsite maps what with all the stuff I've ripped.

Edit 3: Added "Network_Adventure_Bugsite_Rips_5.rar" to attachments. This one has another large map and what might be the second smallest map I've ripped. The maps are: Sealand Main Area and... "Wahaha's Room?" Well, that's what it says on the map... anyways, that map belongs with the Airland maps. (Useless Trivia: While assembling the Sealand map, my girlfriend was peeking over my shoulder the entire time.)

FailureBiWinning

Forgive me for double posting, but I was starting to cut it really close to the last post's file size limit (200 KB if I read that right). Assuming that means the combined filesize of all files attached, I figured it wouldn't let me attach this one (according to my calculator, the combined total of this RAR with the others is 244 KB).

Anyway, this one has six maps: the Guardian Area, all four Pavilions (with Energyland's not being called Technoland for once), and... one map that has an identity crisis. When you're in the room that connects to this one, the entrance to the map calls it "Stormy's Room," but when you're in the actual room, it has the label "Stomy's Room;" for the sake of accuracy, I've named the file based on the actual label in the map.

RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've uploaded the rest (and changed Zone to Area since I noticed it actually says "Area" on the maps themselves.)
FailureBiWinning

Thanks, I was in my Sonic the Hedgehog mode when naming those and never bothered to fix them.

Also, I have two more maps, and these ones are assembled differently: they are the Energyland Generator Shield and Central Generator Tower maps. Rather than being one big map, these are all separate rooms that don't look like they connect to each other at all (even though they technically do); for completion's sake, I've grouped each room into a single PNG (one file for each map).

There are only a few maps left to rip now... but, unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get proper accurate rips using the screenshot method (Energyland's Main Area, for example). They may need to be tile-ripped, and tile-ripping isn't exactly my forte. I'll keep combing through the game to see if there are any rooms that can be screencapped, but I have a feeling I've done all I can on the Bugsite map front.

Note: These maps have custom names due to either not having a readable English name label (Ex: Central Generator Tower's copyright text has the name written in Japanese) or being referred to by multiple names in different areas (Ex: Energyland Generator Shield is referred to as "Shield" when at the Central Tower and Main Area, but the label in the map calls it "E-Generator," without elaborating on the meaning of "E.")

Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Try using the debug menu. It allows you to enter any of the ~102 maps and if you enable free walk, move through walls too. Nice job, by the way.
FailureBiWinning

Thanks, I've been putting forward my best effort to contribute to the Bugsite section of Wikifang.

So... the debug menu. I've never tried using it before; how do I go about accessing it?