Telefang videos on YouTube

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
Zephyr(imported)

Re: Telefang videos on YouTube

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Or more specifically, how do I make them? I'd like to make my own Telefang vids, but I'm unsure how to do so. Blaziken mentioned the in-built video recorder in the VBA. How exactly do I use that? :P Or is there anything else I need to download?

And, uh, I suppose everyone can post their YouTube playlists here too. :P
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

All right, first of all, if you're like everybody else, you probably have the original VBA. This version is not good for recording videos because it has some serious desynching (sound lag) issues. So, I'd like to point you to this link:

http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050

It has superior versions of VBA. The first two links in the first post are version 20, and the third is version 19. Both should work fine, but I use 19 because I heard it's less glitchy (though with Telefang, it shouldn't matter).

Second of all, here's how you record: when you want to start recording, just go Tools -> Record -> Start AVI recording... (this is different from Start movie recording... where it records a file that just contains a save state and button presses, but you can do this method and then record an AVI file from this file if you wish).

One more thing: when recording, play in Full Screen mode. For some reason, doing this prevents the sound from lagging. I don't know why it does, but it helps. The only resolution I tried is 800x600 (which works fine), but others may work fine too.

Then, you can use Windows Movie Maker to edit the AVI file if you want.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

When I try to download version 19, as you said, I get a 404 error. :/ Oh well. I think I'll live with the sound desynching, then. I can always change the background music with Windows movie maker, right?

As for the rest of it, it seems pretty straightforward. Does it work with savestates? (as in, can I switch between savestates during recording without making it stop?)

My resolution is, I think, 1024x2048. Whatever it is, it's big. o_o I hope this won't be a problem. I always play in fullscreen mode anyway. ^^
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I still have the ZIP file on my hard drive so I'll upload it (http://rapidshare.com/files/83381345/vba-rerecording-19.zip)... or you can just download v20... and yes, you can change the music with WMM.

And yes, when you are AVI recording, you can use savestates while you are recording.

And your resolution shouldn't be a problem either. I haven't tried recording in that resolution, though... but you can always play 800x600 while you are recording and switch back to 1024x2048 if you get desyncing problems with that. But that shouldn't happen...