Finally got an Adamant Rock Head Rhyhorn.

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Blaziken257

Re: Finally got an Adamant Rock Head Rhyhorn.

Post by Blaziken257 »

Took me forever, but I finally got one. I had to catch about 20 or so Rhyhorn before I got it. Now I'm going to EV train it, transfer it to Diamond (the DS game, obviously), and evolve it to Rhyperior (in which case it will have that ability that reduces effectiveness of super-effective attacks). Question is... what should my EV spread be? I'm thinking 252 in Attack, but I don't know what to do with the remaining 258. Should I put it in HP, Defense, or Special Defense? I'm thinking HP because it helps both defensive stats, which is good on a tank like Rhyperior.

And I also need to decide on a moveset...

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Avalanche?
Swords Dance?
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Ah yes, Rhyperior. The closest you can get to having a Denjuu in PokéMon. Simply reform-evolve your Rhydon with the Protector Item to make the thing sprout unnecessary attachments and GUNARMS!

... X_x

My personal opinion on this abomination aside. EVs... Yeah, go with HP. Even GOD can't save Rhyperior's Special Defense. >>;

Moveset... Right. Rhyperior DEMANDS EQ. Stone Edge... I dunno. The low accuracy rating (yes, 80 is low. >>;) and ridiculously low PP rating is evil, but I guess that the power and high critical hit ratio might be worth it. I'd still rather use Rock Slide, but that's just me.

Avalanche COULD be nice. Rhyperior is slow as fuck which means you're more likely to get the desired effect than not. Plus, an ice-type move could be nice against random grass-types which might get pulled at you - because even with Solid Rock, Rhyperior has an x4 weakness and a nice fast grass-type with high special attack (like, say, Roserade) can still rape its ugly mug with one energy ball, and it wouldn't even have to aim for the horn.

As for the last move... I don't know, Adamant nature, attack EVs, and an already naturally high attack stat, I don't see why Sword's Dance. I suppose Hammer Arm could work for an extra attack, because Rhyperior has no speed to speak of already. Either that or Megahorn, just because Rhyperior CAN.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Ha ha. It does look like a Denjuu! I wonder if they got the inspiration from Telefang... though it's not that likely. On a side note, every time I see Heatran, it reminds me of Doomsday. Hehe.

And the reform evolve thing is funny, too, even if you have to trade it. And its stats don't improve that much either (though, they're already high to begin with), which is typical of reform evolutions. XD

Anyway, I think you're right about giving it HP EV's. After all, it's SD sucks no matter what... but who needs SD anyway? It already has Attack higher than Machamp's, high HP, AND high Defense. It's hard to take it out with physical attacks. And Rock Solid isn't bad either, which means it can probably survive a Surf. Probably.

I should stick 120-power Megahorn for those Grass-types... yeah, I'll go with what you said.
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

They don't call it PokéMon DIAMOND for no reason. >>;; Seriously. There's more than one PokéMon in this generation that is Denjuuishly broken, complete with GUNARMS. >>; And yes, EXACTLY my point re: Reform Evolution/Trade Evolution. XD

Well, actually, Surf is a special attack. Rhyperior has an x4 weakness to Water and Grass, and even though Solid Rock decreases that to an x2 weakness, you should consider Rhyperior's nearly nonexistent special defense and the power of a few moves that can deal massive damage to 'perior (such as Surf and Energy Ball, to name but a few).

However, I assume that you have enough brain power not to send Rhyperior against things that would obviously use those moves - just remember that sometimes, these moves will happen on things you wouldn't expect them to be (Togekiss for instance - seemingly an ideal target for Stone Edge, but then, it might just Aura Sphere - or worse - Energy Ball the 'perior and it has the sufficient special stats to deliver some nice damage to it. >>;)

Good luck either way. ^^
Sora444(imported)

Post by Sora444(imported) »

I started over my diamond. once I beat the game, migrate pokemon from my Emerald, and get my pokemon back from a friend, We will battle a Single Lv 100 battle.

also you wanna know also wut happen, I've been searching for a Rock Head Larion in Victory Road still no luck <_<

BTW if your looking for challages go here to The Marriland Forums
Sora444(imported)

besides my Vespiquen will pwn you.

EDIT: Don't double post please. --Blaziken257
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I still need to get my Pokémon up to Level 100, though... maybe I should clone Rare Candies in Emerald and transfer them. :P
Sora444(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: I still need to get my Pokémon up to Level 100, though... maybe I should clone Rare Candies in Emerald and transfer them. :P
Don't whore out Rare Candies because The Stats will be horrible if you whore them out and raised them to 100.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: I still need to get my Pokémon up to Level 100, though... maybe I should clone Rare Candies in Emerald and transfer them. :P
A hand raised level gains the pokemon better stats than when using rare candy. If you can raise 6 pokemon to lvl.100 without the use of rare candy then your team will beat those silly rare candy users. :D
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah but if you EV train them and get them Effort Ribbons it doesn't matter after that point. Or even if you just raise it normally...