Re: I found a crazy glitch in the GTS.

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I was randomly searching for Pokémon on the GTS. When I was looking for Snorlax, it actually showed a Dialga with the nickname Snorlax. I'm not kidding. Here's a screenshot:

The weird thing is that it had a gender, and it's at Level 36, even though you can't get Dialga at that level.

Has anybody ever seen this before? What would happen if I theoretically were to obtain it? Would it be a Dialga or a Snorlax?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I heard about this glitch. And... well, thats all. Guess I can't help you \:
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've seen that before, can't remember the Pokémon swapped though.. I'd assume if you were to trade for it though, it'd be a Snorlax.
Wyverii(imported)

Post by Wyverii(imported) »

I heard about that. It was called the morphing glitch or something of the sort. I'm not sure if it's even possible to trade for it but apparently it does return to normal after it's withdrawn.
Blizzardoom(imported)

Post by Blizzardoom(imported) »

One word:

WTF?

NEVER heard of that one before...
She's a Witch!(imported)

Post by She's a Witch!(imported) »

Okay, so I asked some people aat another forum(One about glitches) and found out how it happens. Basically, sometimes, it doesn't remove the Pokemon fast enough after it's traded. So it shows the sprite and species of the Pokemon that is wanted, with the name etc. of the Pokemon being traded.

Yeah, I actually found it out a long time ago, I didn't realize that I didn't post it.
Tara-chan(imported)

Post by Tara-chan(imported) »

(Sorry if I seem like I'm bumping the topic)

I've seen this happen before. To tell the truth, I tried trading for one, But the game said that "The pokemon has already been traded" or something like that.
I believe that glitch appears because the Pokemon was recently traded for the desired Pokemon and the GTS has yet to take the offer down. So instead it shows the wanted Pokemon rather than the offered one. So trading for the "glitch" is rather pointless in the end.