Re: Did anyone go to Toys R Us for the Darkrai Event?

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

(D/P) But Cyrus still forced the WHOLE entity into is't pokemon form with the Red Chain, which caused the world to distort. So the Palkia/Dialga you fight is the whole time/space... Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm wrong. Appearantly, Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf stopped Dialga/Palkia. And then, Mesprit crumbled the red chain, then you fight Cyrus, then you fight Dialga. You're probably right, andwhyisit.
Oh, and in DP, Cyrus (known as boss) wants his own perfect world, and decides it's a lot easier to create a new world than change this one. In Platinum, he wants to make everything perfect by destroying everything. Just sayin'.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It's also a possibility that Sinnoh's mythology isn't entirely accurate, and that the superlegendaries don't actually possess all of the abilities which are attributed to them.. or that disturbing time and space introduces a lot of plotholes >___> Maybe that's what the Torn World is...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

On the subject of events:
I am wondering if anyone here has a "Mew" or an "Old Sea Chart" on a 3rd gen pokemon game? I missed my chance to get Mew for the third gen games. Mew and Deoxys are the only two pokemon that lack a legit way to obtain them without the use of events.

Celebi is the most out there of the lot since you require the Japanese Colosseum bonus disc ($200+ on eBay o_o), the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum game (got it) with every single Pokemon purified (ouch), and just one GBA Pokemon game that's in Japanese.
Tkallab(imported)

I didn't get the old sea chart (darn you Holland!), but I did get Lugia and Ho-Oh. If I ever had a chance to get Mew, I'd sure get it. But no... A few days ago, they had a Wi-Fi event for Gs and Ss to obtain a Mew, but of course, I don't have one of them yet.
And you have to go through all that to get Celebi? Ugh. I don't have a Gamecube.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Tkallab wrote:I didn't get the old sea chart (darn you Holland!),
Yes Holland, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

..who's Holland?
Tkallab wrote:but I did get Lugia and Ho-Oh.
Lugia and Ho-Oh aren't a problem. Colosseum and XD have me covered on both counts.
Tkallab wrote:If I ever had a chance to get Mew, I'd sure get it. But no... A few days ago, they had a Wi-Fi event for Gs and Ss to obtain a Mew, but of course, I don't have one of them yet.
That's 4th gen unfortunately. If I could trade from 4th gen to 3rd gen then I would be out there right now searching for an event where I can get a Mew.
Tkallab wrote:And you have to go through all that to get Celebi?
You have to if you want to get Celebi in a 3rd gen game without the use of an event.
Tkallab wrote:Ugh. I don't have a Gamecube.
Go get one 'cause XD and Colloseum are awesome.
Tkallab(imported)

Holland... The Netherlands... My Country. There are absolutely no events... Except for The Lugia Ho-oh thingie.
You know you can send your pokemon to 4th generation games? If you buy *cough*download*cough* D/P/Pt, when you get the national dex, you can just send all your pokemon to that game, so you can get your pokkedex completed on that game (easier, cuz there, you have WiFi).
And I don't really think my parents will let me buy a gamecube... I'll download one.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Tkallab wrote:Holland... The Netherlands... My Country. There are absolutely no events... Except for The Lugia Ho-oh thingie.
You know you can send your pokemon to 4th generation games? If you buy *cough*download*cough* D/P/Pt, when you get the national dex, you can just send all your pokemon to that game, so you can get your pokkedex completed on that game (easier, cuz there, you have WiFi).
Well I am playing the 3rd gen games at the moment and would like to stick to them for now. Transfering my Pokemon to a 4th gen game doesn't exactly do much for my Ruby version's Pokedex. ;)

To be honest I kinda hate the idea behind the one-way transfer system that is Pal Park. What the hell is wrong with a two-way system?! It worked fine for the 2nd gen games.

The reason why I am a generation behind is because I somewhat boycotted my Ruby version once I learnt that I couldn't trade with earlier generation games, couldn't visit other regions and couldn't catch pokemon from other regions. The gamecube games inspired me to start playing again.
Tkallab wrote:And I don't really think my parents will let me buy a gamecube... I'll download one.
You can download a gamecube?! How the heck do you download hardware?
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

I went to that Darkrai-thngy when it happened, I had a (at the time) friend's game I broguht with me as he wanted one too.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:To be honest I kinda hate the idea behind the one-way transfer system that is Pal Park. What the hell is wrong with a two-way system?! It worked fine for the 2nd gen games.
Actually, I'm glad they do something. One-way is better then no way, like they did with Generation III. I'm pretty sure that the main reason of the DS-GBA linkage was Pokémon, since other games use it only for reading the header to provide extras.
wrote:
Tkallab wrote:And I don't really think my parents will let me buy a gamecube... I'll download one.
You can download a gamecube?! How the heck do you download hardware?
I'm pretty sure that was a joke... :)
Tkallab(imported)

andwhyisit wrote:Well I am playing the 3rd gen games at the moment and would like to stick to them for now. Transfering my Pokemon to a 4th gen game doesn't exactly do much for my Ruby version's Pokedex. ;)

To be honest I kinda hate the idea behind the one-way transfer system that is Pal Park. What the hell is wrong with a two-way system?! It worked fine for the 2nd gen games.

The reason why I am a generation behind is because I somewhat boycotted my Ruby version once I learnt that I couldn't trade with earlier generation games, couldn't visit other regions and couldn't catch pokemon from other regions. The gamecube games inspired me to start playing again.
I think you're right about the two-way system in some way, but most people abandon the 3rd gen games after buying a 4th gen one. And then, it's easier to complete your pokedex on that game if you still have the pokemon from kanto of hoenn (though most are obtainable in sinnoh). But two-way would indeed be better when you play Ruby. Still, there's more to brag about when you complete sinnoh's pokedex :)

Oh, you asked. I think I'm gonna download an emulator. That way, I can just play the bought *coughdownloadedcough* games on my computer. No trading, unfortunately.