Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 announced

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Blaziken257

Re: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 announced

Post by Blaziken257 »

No, your eyes are not deceiving you... you read that right. And no, I didn't confuse Pokémon with Telefang 2. Want proof? Read:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_2_revealed_on_Pok%C3%A9mon_Smash!

This is crazy. It's going to be released in June 2012 in Japan. No release date is set for any other region, though it was announced in North America to my knowledge. Fortunately, it will be for the DS... so I won't have to get a 3DS just for this game! I was worrying about that for some time...

Oh, and new formes for Kyurem:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:646Kyurem-AltForme1.png
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:646Kyurem-AltForme2.png

They're fused with Reshiram and Zekrom. Is this inspired from Telefang's experimental evolution idea where one DNA sample is fused with another? You decide.

Oh, and I guess it won't be Gray Version like a lot of people (including me) thought.
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

Great, now I have to actually get my DS's screen repaired. I was hoping for an excuse to buy a 3DS.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Pokémon Gray and Grey.

I'm not sure how happy I am about this. I think they're totally going to do something with R/S there, though.. I mean, just look at the logos.
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

Black's cover-art legendary had elec abilities, and White's cover-art legendary had fire abilities. Probably not an RS reference (although dual regions would be fun).
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, since this is coming out for the DS, I now have zero incentive to get a 3DS for a long, long time... it surprised me and made me happy at the same time. Historically, even if I get a new system early, I barely play it until a Pokémon game comes out. I remember the time I got a GBA early, but played GB/GBC games more often on it (mostly Pokémon Crystal) until Pokémon Ruby came out.

As for the versions... it kinda reminds me of Telefang Power/Speed 2, but whatever. Speaking of which, what if Game Freak came up with names like Pokémon Power Version and Speed Version (or similar names)? It'd be kinda weird, but more creative than Black 2 and White 2. I don't see any reference to R/S remakes, though. D/P had loads more hints at G/S remakes, like the red Gyarados, the gold/silver colored Park Ball, among other things. What does B/W have? Dive... and what else? Not much. Not to mention, an R/S remake will screw up the timeline just as FR/LG did. Speaking of FR/LG, they'll have to remake THAT if they remake R/S, right? Then the remakes will never end...
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

blue and red != electricity and fire

Also, they have redrawn each Hoenn Pokémon sprite for BW, which must mean something.

To be honest, though, I don't like the direction they appear to be taking very much.. but we'll see how it'll end up looking.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I think they updated the R/S sprites for B/W because the R/S ones were the only ones that were never changed from D/P. Platinum updated various Sinnoh sprites, and HG/SS updated Kanto and Johto sprites (including ones that were already updated in Platinum). That left the Hoenn sprites in the dust, so they desperately needed updating.

And we don't know much about the games at this point besides the new Kyurem formes... it can't be that bad.
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

I thought they updated all the sprites for BW, considering that all the sprites had idle animations now...
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

kmeisthax wrote:I thought they updated all the sprites for BW, considering that all the sprites had idle animations now...
That's why I said redrawn, because all Hoenn Pokémon have completely new poses. Other Pokémon were often just reused and animated.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Other hints to R/S in B/W, besides Dive... Soul Dew being unobtainable currently, tons of otherwise useless berries which were solely PokéBlock fodder, the Lava Cookie, Contest Stats still staying in the data (eg if you import a Feebas with max beauty it will still evolve on level up, even though that's not a thing in B/W), there were some others but I can't recall them at the moment :s

Also uh... those Kyurem formes seem really overdesigned, they're just all over the place especially with the asymmetry. I love Kyurem and Reshiram (Zekrom is meh, just my opinion) but the fused one is just... I dunno what I'm supposed to be looking at. I thought Reshi and Zek were a bit much with the details in the first place, my first thought was "whoever has to design the PokéDoll for those is gonna be furious!" Seriously look at Kyuram and Kyurom and try to imagine chibi plush versions :X