Re: Spanish Pokemon Diamond/Jade?

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Found something interesting while searching through ebay. I don't know whether the actual game is in Spanish, but the boxart is definitely Spanish: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-GAME-BOY-COLOR-GBC-POKEMON-EDICION-JADE-COMPLETO-PAL-ESPANA-/250938198935?pt=ES_Videojuegos&hash=item3a6d150b97

It would be interesting to know if there was actually a Spanish version of the games or whether it's the same engrish translation and only the boxart is different. The seller is Spanish but the description of the game they've given translates to:
wrote:The game is in very good condition. Note that this is not original version made ​​in CHINA. Also the cartridge is not working properly and always stuck at the same point.
I'm going to see if I can contact the seller as well to ask about the game. If they reply, i'll post and let you know.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Too bad about the price, and if it really is in Spanish I bet I know who'd be interested in it :P
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I received a reply pretty quickly:
wrote:Hello,
Text, case and manual is in spanish. The game don't work. If you play whit it at 5 minutes aprox. the game stop always at same point. Sorry but my English isn't very good. Thanks
I'm not sure whether he's referring to the text in game or the text on the boxes. I'm pretty sure it's the game though, which would mean a Spanish translation definitely exists.
It is overly expensive for a broken game though, it apparently doesn't work for more than 5 minutes before kicking out. Seems like it's a poorly hacked game if it's got a large glitch like that. I wonder if there were other european language versions released that we don't know about?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:It is overly expensive for a broken game though, it apparently doesn't work for more than 5 minutes before kicking out. Seems like it's a poorly hacked game if it's got a large glitch like that. I wonder if there were other european language versions released that we don't know about?
I'm pretty sure it's the cartridge failing. My German Jade is also like that. The carts are just so poorly made they die after a while.

Interesting, though! Nice find.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I thought the glitch might have been preprogrammed in since some bootlegs fail to load up at all if they're badly made.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

If it always stops at the same point, maybe it's a coding issue? I wonder if the rom could be dumped, either way..? That is a ridiculous price for a broken game. It allows you to make offers, though...

It does sound like he means the actual game text is Spanish but if you wanted clarification you might ask, "Es el idioma del juego (el diálogo, los menús) en Español o Inglés?"
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Since they only repeated what was in the description, they might not know much more (particularly as the game doesn't work for long). I'll ask them again if you like and use your question in Spanish. Thanks for that.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:I thought the glitch might have been preprogrammed in since some bootlegs fail to load up at all if they're badly made.
I think it's more likely the cartridge's ROM is failing and some banks became corrupted or inaccessible. I'm convinced that's what happened to my jade, because it *did* start a new game twice, but froze sometime later during the intro anyway.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Got a reply back from the seller and it's confirmed that the whole game is in Spanish:
wrote:This game is completly in spanish included menus anda dialogues. Regards.
Looks like it's another bootleg to add to the wiki! I wonder if the cartridge could be dumped properly even with the glitches in it. It would be good to see if it could be patched somehow to prevent it freezing up.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, this is interesting. I didn't know that a Spanish version of Diamond/Jade existed until now. It sucks that it apparently doesn't work after a few minutes of gameplay. And yeah, that's overpriced, especially when it barely works. (Even if it did work, that's still way too much.) I wonder how awful the grammar is in this version...

Also, the Spanish Jade box seems to be loosely based off Spanish (that is, in Spain) boxes of real Pokémon games, with the "¡Hazte con todos!" text. That Nintendo logo on the bottom left looks weird; why couldn't the pirates have just copied a real logo to be convincing?
RacieB wrote:Too bad about the price, and if it really is in Spanish I bet I know who'd be interested in it :P
LOL
Spoiler!
RacieB wrote:If it always stops at the same point, maybe it's a coding issue? I wonder if the rom could be dumped, either way..? That is a ridiculous price for a broken game. It allows you to make offers, though...

It does sound like he means the actual game text is Spanish but if you wanted clarification you might ask, "Es el idioma del juego (el diálogo, los menús) en Español o Inglés?"
In Spanish, names of languages are in lowercase, so it's "español" and "inglés". :P