Telefang - NES bootleg!

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
Space(imported)

Re: Telefang - NES bootleg!

Post by Space(imported) »

Hello, I'd like to share a video with you about a NES Telefang bootleg. What the hell...

Click

What do you think about it?

(The reason why I posted here is the fact that it's a pirate port by Waixing)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

OH. MY. GOD.

More and more bootlegs of Telefang keep showing up, AWESOME~
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I already mentioned my rants about this fake, but I still can't get over it. It's so weird. They name the Denjuu after random Pokémon, and even have random Pokémon from R/S in there! And the music is so weird too. And the river in Toronko Village is far too large.

Here's a picture of Zigzagoon appearing (why is it called "Kabuto"?):

And Marshtomp, which is strangely gray and called "Bob":

I also found a Mightyena as well. I think it was called Omanyte.

This means that this fake came out after R/S!

Oh, and I got as far as Iris. I couldn't figure out what to do at the river. In the real game, you're supposed to buy a Game Machine in Toronko Village and give it to Liriope, but in this fake, the shops have like 1 million items and nothing is self explanatory. I couldn't figure out what Liriope -- I mean Ganraikou wanted!

Image Image
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Awesome. Also, besides the obvious copyright infringements, it might actually be legal to download this (a.k.a. Not pirated). The site I looked it up with usually will tell you if the rom is pirated and it doesn't say that it is. I'll check out the rom later via hex editor to confirm or deny this.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'm pretty sure it's pirated, since it infringes on both Telefang and Pokémon. Even if it's made from scratch, and not copied from the original GBC game, it still infringes on those games. But it's a gray area, really...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: I'm pretty sure it's pirated, since it infringes on both Telefang and Pokémon. Even if it's made from scratch, and not copied from the original GBC game, it still infringes on those games. But it's a gray area, really...
If I buy a copy of Telefang (I really need to do that) and one of the NES final fantasy games (I already have 11 different versions of pokemon) would that make it a lighter shade of grey?

Though if copyright issues were such a deciding issue then... OMG, IWBTG could be illegal! Half the internet could be breaking the law. :blink:

Though when it comes to roms, the only truly legal way to own a rom is dump it yourself with some horribly rare and difficult to obtain backup device (especially rare when it comes to the gameboy mono/color due to bung's demise) and possibly the related game console, except from a completely different region. Owning the cart just leaves you in the legally grey area. Though I am happy with that grey area of downloading the games I own the carts for, because I paid for the games.
Space(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's pirated, since it infringes on both Telefang and Pokémon.
Plus the name has "Pocket" in it, so they tried to sell it as Pokémon...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I think we should have a go at fixing the Denjuu names and sprites on this. Seems like a good idea.
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

This is random, but in those two pics that Denjuu is asking 'Have you brought my "Game" yet?' Which means he wants some sort of game (probably like the Gameboy).
I haven't played so I have no clue. ^^
Space(imported)

Oh, so you know Chinese. You should translate the game then... :P ;)