Pokemon Jade on GBA?!

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Pokemon Jade on GBA?!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Someone on PKMNcollectors posted today about a couple of bootleg Pokemon games they had, and one of them was a copy of Pokemon Jade for the Gameboy Advance. They didn't mention whether it was a bootleg of Telefang 1 or 2, so I don't know which it is. I don't know if a Pokemon Jade bootleg for the Gameboy Advance has been mentioned yet, but it's interesting anyway.

Link is here: http://pkmncollectors.livejournal.com/9263213.html
TulunkBeast(imported)

Post by TulunkBeast(imported) »

I hope they get around to that video, I need to see this.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Seems like it might not actually be a Telefang bootleg after all... This is what they posted:
wrote:It's actually different from Telefang, the Jade all over the internet is a GBC game while mine is GBA. When you turn mine on it starts with an epic cutscene of a blimp, then has lots of japanese text - ends up as a cool-looking japanese platformer?!
Could this be the first Pokemon Jade that's not Telefang? It's very strange if it is.
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

The bootleggers probably just called it Pokemon Jade to get people to buy it... <.<
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

So is this a bootleg of the pokemon jade bootleg ?

After all, they stole the design of the GBC jade.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I've actually seen the cart on YouTube long long ago, but the video uploader (for some reason) never showed any gameplay footage and the video was removed ages ago. This does look like the same cart as the one from said video. I would like to see footage of this one day...

Also, this isn't the first non-Telefang bootleg with the Pokémon Jade title. I believe the first one was this, which was a crappy hack of a crappy pirate of Sonic with bad music and unplayable gameplay, both of which were made by a company known as Yong Yong.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

A video of the gameplay has been uploaded since yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zylDdxXDhA

Apparently it's a hack of an NES game called Little Nemo: The Dream Master. Definitely not a Telefang game.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

By god. Worst bootleg ever produced.
TulunkBeast(imported)

Post by TulunkBeast(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:By god. Worst bootleg ever produced.
I have this on an actual NES cart, same Sandshrew, same hack, except its titled "Pokemon Silver"
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wow, that bootleg is pretty bad -- mainly because it attempts to be a Pokémon game but it's not at all -- it's even less of a Pokémon game here than the GBC pirate since this one is a platformer, not an RPG. I've seen the "Pokémon Silver" NES pirate before as well, and it looks very similar, so this Pokémon Jade is a... hack of Silver? Also, was I seeing things, or did I see a still image of the Pokémon Jade GBC title screen at the very beginning of the game?