If Ash Ketchum could get 5 denjuu.....

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
StellarWind(imported)

Re: If Ash Ketchum could get 5 denjuu.....

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

I, on the other hand, am getting seriously tempted to deliver a swift boot to the head. And another one for Jenny and the Wimp.

If this is your halfbaked way of wishing to attain respect in this place, newsflash, kid. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

StellarWind wrote: I, on the other hand, am getting seriously tempted to deliver a swift boot to the head. And another one for Jenny and the Wimp.

If this is your halfbaked way of wishing to attain respect in this place, newsflash, kid. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
1. I dare you.
2. I care about about Telefang(and Pokemon), not you guys or anything you have to say. So if you're not going to be respectful of my views/opinions, I don't know what else to say. With everything between us already establish, I have only one purpose on this forum:

To provide anything Telefang, nothing more and nothing less.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

.... *Begins to cry*

Alright, but are you really serious that you don't care what any of us say? Because indeed, that is against the whole purpose of joining a forum, so if you can't accept that you are better off leaving. ):

You can't say we didn't give you a chance though.....
Kid Sonic(imported)

In laymans terms: I'll still provide you guys with anything Telefang, but I'm finished having discussions with you guys. It can't be helped.

No sense on getting banned.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote:Telefang is not Pokémon. Besides, he'd just end up evolving one all the way up then tossing its phone number.
Actually I have found that the Ash from the series is the worst example of a Pokemon trainer that I have ever seen. Gary may be up himself but he is a good at raising Pokemon. Brock and Misty are also good trainers, but Ash..? I gave up on the anime series because it became repetitive, drawn-out, full of cliches, and because of Ash's inability to properly raise Pokemon.

@Kid Sonic
StellarWind was making a reference to this:
http://dagobah.biz/flash/PW_Boot_to_the_head.swf
Kid Sonic(imported)

andwhyisit wrote:
RacieB wrote:Telefang is not Pokémon. Besides, he'd just end up evolving one all the way up then tossing its phone number.
Actually I have found that the Ash from the series is the worst example of a Pokemon trainer that I have ever seen. Gary may be up himself but he is a good at raising Pokemon. Brock and Misty are also good trainers, but Ash..? I gave up on the anime series because it became repetitive, drawn-out, full of cliches, and because of Ash's inability to properly raise Pokemon.

@Kid Sonic
StellarWind was making a reference to this:
http://dagobah.biz/flash/PW_Boot_to_the_head.swf
You make Ash sound like such a mediocre person. Do you really believe all of that, or are you just going be the criticisms of other characters.

I think Ash is one of the better pokemon trainers, unlike Paul and that one girl in that Johto episode who had a Politoad named Bean. His Pikachu is a fine example.

But regardless, I understand how you feel about the cliches(Brock's ear, Team Rocket losing, other trainer's pokemon running freely, no victories in leagues like Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn(Ash might as well not compete anymore))

Where exactly did you leave off?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I stopped watching mid-way through Johto, and I agree with Andwhy... It really bugged me how he never seemed to actually get smarter or train his pokemon better, and always gave away his pokemon once they became cool. D:

It's like he just doesn't care about winning, or getting stronger, or anything! He doesn't even make a real effort to catch 'em all. ;_; Once it became clear that he was always going to be stupid and never win anything so that they could keep the show going forever, I gave up on it... I would pity any Denjuu Ash got his hands on, since it would be doomed to failure from the start... >_>;
Kid Sonic(imported)

Kimbles wrote: I stopped watching mid-way through Johto, and I agree with Andwhy... It really bugged me how he never seemed to actually get smarter or train his pokemon better, and always gave away his pokemon once they became cool. D:

It's like he just doesn't care about winning, or getting stronger, or anything! He doesn't even make a real effort to catch 'em all. ;_; Once it became clear that he was always going to be stupid and never win anything so that they could keep the show going forever, I gave up on it... I would pity any Denjuu Ash got his hands on, since it would be doomed to failure from the start... >_>;
Why don't the both of you tune into the Sinnoh series. And I can tell you, things have improved greatly. But whatever you do, do not watch Hoenn(especially the Battle Frontier).
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: You make Ash sound like such a mediocre person. Do you really believe all of that, or are you just going be the criticisms of other characters.

I think Ash is one of the better pokemon trainers, unlike Paul and that one girl in that Johto episode who had a Politoad named Bean. His Pikachu is a fine example.

But regardless, I understand how you feel about the cliches(Brock's ear, Team Rocket losing, other trainer's pokemon running freely, no victories in leagues like Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn(Ash might as well not compete anymore))

Where exactly did you leave off?
I think his Pikachu is the only pokemon that ash pays a decent amount of attention to, all of the other pokemon are mostly left behind apart from the starters. How often did you see Snorlax, Tauros, Butterfree, or even Lapras when it isn't carrying them across water? Now tell me how often you see Pikachu. While Ash plays favourites his entire team becomes horribly unbalanced.

Even if Team Rocket doesn't do anything bad during the episode, it still ends with them "blasting off again". I liked it better before they started this habit. Though the episodes where you explore Team Rocket as characters are always good.

Brock and Misty are good trainers and they added much to the show, they are why I kept watching it for so long.

I found that the series drew itself out during the last three Kanto badges and for the rest of the show. I grew tired of it and stopped watching early into the Johto series. The early Kanto episodes are still good to watch though, and the finale for the orange islands saga was pretty awesome.

I could check out sinnoh if they have improved the problems with the series, but I have been burned before.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Kid Sonic wrote: To be serious for a moment:
Oh god stop. This is what I probated you for last time, the whining that everybody who disagrees with you hates you and why do you guys have to be such assholes, wahh.

Also, calling this forum lazy is rather laughable, we've dug up pretty much ALL of the existing information on a ridiculously obscure game series, ripping T-Fanger sprites quickly isn't really a priority although it will be done eventually.

The reason I personally want to separate Telefang and Pokémon is that every question I get on the series is "ISN'T THAT THAT POKEMON RIPOFF" and saying it sucks, because they only played the bootleg for ten minutes and lol those pokemons are talking about curry. Why don't you just cram Digimon and Monster Rancher and Dragon Warrior Monsters and Yu-Gi-Oh and even goddamn Beyblade in with Pokémon, since it makes just as much sense.

As for the current topic.. Ash really is an absolutely terrible trainer, and has been from day 1. He defines being a "Pokémon Master" as catching everything, but rarely makes the slightest amount of effort to actually CATCH things, then just dumps them when they're evolved or he skips the continent or somebody wants one of them.