Telefang has indirectly changed my life

Any topics that would be off-topic in any other forum belong here. Talk about general topics.
DaVince

Re: Telefang has indirectly changed my life

Post by DaVince »

I'm not too sure why I'm posting this here now, since I'm pretty sure I know almost everyone who is still active here... unless there've been new additions to the community since a year ago or so. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to have more discussions going on these forums. Or maybe leave a bit of Telefang-related history here. :P

In any case, Telefang has actually helped me change my life, in some funny twist of fate.

You see, I used to spend a lot of time on the IRC channel, chatting with all of you good people. One of which is RacieB. At some point, we added each other to Facebook, because why the hell not? And then a few months later, her sister (SarahB) contacted me, and we started talking, and gaining an interest in each other...

...What I'm trying to say is that now we're engaged (no marriage date set; will take years, I think). And I'm trying to get my life into order - it was a bit of an aimless mess before I knew her, the mood at home was depressing, and I'd been lagging behind in college. But now I have a clear goal in life to work towards, since we live in different countries and in the end want to live together. The Telefang community is indirectly reponsible for this, since without knowing this place I wouldn't have met RacieB, and in turn, my fiancée.

Well, that's all I wanted to say! Thank you for being here and doing your thing, RacieB! xD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Ohh, I missed this yesterday! I still just think it's so funny and cute =) As I recall, we added each other on Facebook to facilitate manga and/or T2 translation stuff (and also cause why not.) Then my sister, who's not even into Telefang, saw your profile pic on my timeline and demanded to know who that was hahahaha!! I was like, "oh it's my friend Vince, he's cool, he does translation and music and coding stuff etc" and she just had this raging crush on you. I was like "hey, whether it's reciprocated or not he's really nice and very interesting to talk to" :P I GUESS IT WORKED THO??
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

It worked and I am immensely happy for that. xD
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

Sounds like she was fully conVINCEd she would like you!
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Sherkel, I literally groaned at that. But thanks. It did look like it. =)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Congrats an' all. When the wedding happens make the entire menu for the after party be nothing but curry. :P