Page 1 of 1

Grand Cherokee transmission service, who do you trust with it?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:34 am
by bradleydiaz
I've got a 2018 Grand Cherokee with about 140k on the clock and the transmission has started shifting a bit lazily, especially when it's cold. Nothing catastrophic yet but I know these ZF boxes need proper fluid and filter changes at the right intervals, and I'm worried a generic garage will just top it off with the wrong stuff or skip the filter entirely. I've read that the fluid spec matters a lot and using the wrong one can cause real damage. A friend mentioned professional Jeep maintenance in Musaffah Industrial Area and said they did his Wrangler properly, but I want to hear from other Jeep owners before booking anything. Has anyone here had their transmission serviced on a Grand Cherokee or similar and did it fix the lazy shifting? Also, is it worth doing a full fluid flush or just a drain and refill? I've heard conflicting opinions and don't want to make things worse.